Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Emi and I think he's excellent. But we're inflating his value here. There's no way he'd be beating the previous record for most expensive goalkeeper by £20m if we sold him

Transfermarkt (a site which normally undervalues players) has him down at 32 million euros. This hasn't been updated since 23rd of December, since then he has signed his new contract and put in some top performances. I'd say we're looking at around 60 million pounds. There are however a multitude of factors which play into the value of a player.

25 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If we had to put a fair value on him right now, what would it be do you think?  Must be £60m or £70m plus? 

The top 6 highest goalkeeper transfer fees:

Kepa - £71m (2018)

Alisson - £65m (2018)

Courtios - £35m (2018)

Ederson - £35m (2017)

Buffon - £33m (2001)

Pickford - £25m (2017)

Martinez would definitely be in the top 3.  Probably similar to Alisson, but with an extra 4 years of transfer fee inflation. So wouldn't be far off the price for Kepa. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

The top 6 highest goalkeeper transfer fees:

Kepa - £71m (2018)

Alisson - £65m (2018)

Courtios - £35m (2018)

Ederson - £35m (2017)

Buffon - £33m (2001)

Pickford - £25m (2017)

Martinez would definitely be in the top 3.  Probably similar to Alisson, but with an extra 4 years of transfer fee inflation. So wouldn't be far off the price for Kepa. 

Pickford the sixth most expensive goalkeeper of all time. 

I'm not sure he's even the sixth best English goalkeeper at the moment. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Emi and I think he's excellent. But we're inflating his value here. There's no way he'd be beating the previous record for most expensive goalkeeper by £20m if we sold him

Possibly, but is there not also an element of the Grealish transfer value about a hypothetical Martinez sale? I.e. what he is worth to us may be different to what he is worth when compared to others, particularly after his new contract.

I think if we were to sell him for £60 mil we would be getting the bad end of the deal. His personality and presence are massive to us, on top of his ability.

All hypothetical anyway thank god.

Yeah I wondered that too, why are they all running around with the trophy they won last year again? 

In terms of a transfer fee, it would be huge in my opinion.

I think the starting price would be in and around the current / previous record fees for a keeper, factoring in ‘inflation’ etc.

Long term contract so we’d hold all the cards, he loves it here so unless we turn really shit again he’s not going to be overly demanding, if we were to sell him in the next 3 years I honestly think it would be north of £80M.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah I wondered that too, why are they all running around with the trophy they won last year again? 

In terms of a transfer fee, it would be huge in my opinion.

I think the starting price would be in and around the current / previous record fees for a keeper, factoring in ‘inflation’ etc.

Long term contract so we’d hold all the cards, he loves it here so unless we turn really shit again he’s not going to be overly demanding, if we were to sell him in the next 3 years I honestly think it would be north of £80M.

Could it be the first chance they’ve had to parade the cup in front of a full crowd?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Possibly, but is there not also an element of the Grealish transfer value about a hypothetical Martinez sale? I.e. what he is worth to us may be different to what he is worth when compared to others, particularly after his new contract.

I think if we were to sell him for £60 mil we would be getting the bad end of the deal. His personality and presence are massive to us, on top of his ability.

All hypothetical anyway thank god.

Only two goalkeepers have ever been bought for more than £35m

I'm not disputing how valuable Martinez is to us. But there's no way someone is buying him for £90m imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Only two goalkeepers have ever been bought for more than £35m

I'm not disputing how valuable Martinez is to us. But there's no way someone is buying him for £90m imo

I have to agree, which is why he’s going nowhere for a while! 

Unless of course there’s a clause in his contract.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s Arsenals equivalent of Gary Cahill. 

Arsenal fans will have you believe they did the right thing by selling him because they now have Ramsdale

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Arsenal fans will have you believe they did the right thing by selling him because they now have Ramsdale

They're better off than they were last season. 

They still got humiliated with the deal when you compare him to how Leno flopped last year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

They're better off than they were last season. 

They still got humiliated with the deal when you compare him to how Leno flopped last year. 

Yeh to be fair Ramsdale is decent and still very young. But he’ll never be on Emi levels.

Â