Josh King

JPAngel

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's almost like these are all just bullshit media rumours and we were probably never even interested in either of these players, but we'll rather pull some surprise signings out of the bag. It's almost like the current regime is very good at keeping negotiations under wraps, and we won't know our real targets until their ITSOTP. Almost...

Our surprise signings last season came mainly from Suso. He's not here anymore.

Villa fans likes to blame him for everything, but imo it was a terribly difficult summer. He were bound to get some signings wrong when having to buy so many players. To his defence, all Wesley, Trezeguet and Luiz were key factors to us surviving. So Suso didn't do all bad, far from it. So far this Lange guy has done f*** all.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Imagine he'd want a similar contract set up as Wilson so this is a no for me if that's the case.

Rather we went for Sörloth if we are looking at Norwegian strikers. (Håland is likely out of our reach :D )

Edited by sne

32 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's almost like these are all just bullshit media rumours and we were probably never even interested in either of these players, but we'll rather pull some surprise signings out of the bag. It's almost like the current regime is very good at keeping negotiations under wraps, and we won't know our real targets until their ITSOTP. Almost...

We wanted Wilson, not sure how that can be denied. We clearly want watkins and that has been reported for weeks and weeks. 

I think its rubbish that we keep things secret. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

As our main striker this is a poor signing. If he comes in with Watkins or another forward then it adds strength to the squad. 

It all depends on who else we sign

Yeah totally. He isn’t going to make a big difference alone, but with other additions could prove useful.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Imagine he'd want a similar contract set up as Wilson so this is a no for me if that's the case.

Rather we went for Sörloth if we are looking at Norwegian strikers. (Håland is likely out of our reach :D )

These PL proven players wanting PL competitive salaries.  No from me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Better than Samatta but a poorer scoring record than Callum Wilson.

Callum WIlson - Prem Apps - 126. Goals - 41.

Josh King - Prem Apps - 161. Goals 48.

Whilst you're correct in that Wilson has a better goals per game record, he very rarely played every game of the season for whatever reason (form, various injuries). Josh King on the other hand also played from the wing and featured in over 30 games in each season except the last.

I think if you're relying on a player to play week in, week out King is the better choice.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Oh gawd not another separate page on  a potential signing. Expect 50 pages discussing the pros and cons with Kenneth Williams gifs.

I've been a member for 16 years and it's always been like this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh gawd not another separate page on  a potential signing. Expect 50 pages discussing the pros and cons with Kenneth Williams gifs.

Only 50 pages Sir, you do your fellow posters somewhat of a disservice 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Better than Samatta but a poorer scoring record than Callum Wilson.

However he is still a PL player who is proven, maybe he is the best we could hope for.

King and Watkins would be good for us.

King doesn't always play down the middle but outscored Wilson a few seasons

Does our scouting network extend to Bournemouth and Brentford?

On a positive spin- The Cherries fan forum rate him much better than Wilson. If it wasn't for him being in the last year of his contract a much higher price. They don't want another Fraser situation 

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Our surprise signings last season came mainly from Suso. He's not here anymore.

Villa fans likes to blame him for everything, but imo it was a terribly difficult summer. He were bound to get some signings wrong when having to buy so many players. To his defence, all Wesley, Trezeguet and Luiz were key factors to us surviving. So Suso didn't do all bad, far from it. So far this Lange guy has done f*** all.

Totally agree. Suso took the flak for our poor season but did find us a few good uns and was operating in a very difficult situation given we had just been promoted and had to buy a lot of players. Lange is in a better position to find us players but doesn't seem to be doing anything.

On King, he's better than what we have but I agree it's a bit of an average signing. Depends who else we bring on top of him.

Â