The AVFC FFP thread

We'll be fine. We been working with the EFL since the doc and Wyness ballesd up to get within the EFL FFP.  And that would only kick in regards any implications of we go back down. Won't happen. And I'm sure the premier league will tell the EFL to do one. They aren't going to punish a side that's just come up to appease the league who they came out of. I mean Steve bleating Gibson

And don't forget Sawiris was part of the panel who came up with the FFP rules, so knows a bit about how it all works. We'll be fine.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

We'll be fine. We been working with the EFL since the doc and Wyness ballesd up to get within the EFL FFP.  And that would only kick in regards any implications of we go back down. Won't happen. And I'm sure the premier league will tell the EFL to do one. They aren't going to punish a side that's just come up to appease the league who they came out of. I mean Steve bleating Gibson

And don't forget Sawiris was part of the panel who came up with the FFP rules, so knows a bit about how it all works. We'll be fine.

Cool.

I think it was perslow who was on the panel that came up with the rules not Sawiris.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Cool.

I think it was perslow who was on the panel that came up with the rules not Sawiris.

Sawiris was in the advisory board in his Adidas / UEFa role. A bit of a powerful figure in the sport 😉

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Sawiris was in the advisory board in his Adidas / UEFa role. A bit of a powerful figure in the sport 😉

So, at least 50% of the current club owners were involved in putting together the FFP system some people think we are going to get boned by?

• Haha 1

That Gibson bloke is a proper jealous cretin.

instead of pointing the finger in every direction, how about pointing it at himself for employing an anti-football manager like Pulis?

• Like 3

On 28/05/2019 at 07:26, dudevillaisnice said:

So now we are promoted it changes things a bit. FFP still exists in the prem but from I remember it was certainly more lenient compared to the championship. 

its just that more money comes in from the league etc......... so the sustainability more likely and profitability more accessible.

FFP  is still there but doesn't raise its ugly head as much.

Promotion to the Premier League is our get out of jail free card with the awful FFP nonsense.

As long as we dont misuse this windfall we will be a strong club for at least three years guaranteed.

Hopefully by the end of that FFP will be abolished anyway. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

just seen this, what does a "soft embargo" actually mean?

also....pls dont deduct us 9 points for our first season in the prem :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7088131/Championship-clubs-fear-Aston-Villa-avoid-points-deduction-breach-FFP-rules.html

"Championship clubs are concerned that the Premier League will not impose a points deduction on Aston Villa if they are found to have breached profit and sustainability rules.

Villa, who were promoted to the top flight after beating Derby County in Monday's Championship play-off final at Wembley, are among a number of clubs — Derby included — currently operating under a soft transfer embargo while the English Football League continue to assess their P and S submission.

Officials at Villa Park have insisted they will be compliant with financial fair play regulations despite reports of heavy losses."

Worth noting Dean Smith and Frank Lampard denied these soft embargo allegations in April of this year. I have no reason to disbelieve either of them and plenty of reasons to disbelieve the Daily Mail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, privateer said:

So, at least 50% of the current club owners were involved in putting together the FFP system some people think we are going to get boned by?

To be fair, that does sound very much like the shooting oneself in the foot that Villa has a penchant for... 

I am sure the PL won't deduct us points. It would be a joke. No punishment was given to wolves so we shouldnt either. 

Also giving us a 9 point deduction before a ball is even kicked we might as well not turn up for the season as we will will go down. 

• Like 1

I think Purslew was involved in the premier league FFP rules as well. The premier league won't do a thing imo. If anything happens it would be an EFL ruling, so a fine at most. Noses got a points deduction because they blatantly tried to sign players when under an embargo, thus, in their eyes, deliberately breaching the rules.

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am sure the PL won't deduct us points. It would be a joke. No punishment was given to wolves so we shouldnt either. 

Also giving us a 9 point deduction before a ball is even kicked we might as well not turn up for the season as we will will go down. 

As would a transfer embargo tbh. 

I think small time, Small Heath may be one of the clubs, if not the only club "that are worried there would be inadequate punishment". Firstly, no case has been proven. If it was a fine would be the likely punishment (ask Bournemouth). Some clubs down there may be bitter because we are back where we belong and are clutching at straws to try to bring us back down. They need to get over it and focus on their own balance sheets! :rolleyes:   

The Premier League will be delighted that one of the truly big clubs is back in the fold. They will not risk losing us, only to end up with another Bournemouth, Brighton or Burnley, no offence intended to those clubs. 

Â