Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Let's stick to real life stats instead please, he's hit double figures once in 5 years.

My thoughts exactly. It seems very likely an uninjured Wesley would've hit double figures in his debut season in a tough league whilst settling in an unfamiliar culture, and would continue to improve given his age. You could argue that we are buying someone less good than what we already have.

Having said that, I completely trust Smith, and if we go into the new season with Ollie, Wesley & Callum Wilson as our strikers then so be it. Top 8 finish here we come.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

My thoughts exactly. It seems very likely an uninjured Wesley would've hit double figures in his debut season in a tough league whilst settling in an unfamiliar culture, and would continue to improve given his age. You could argue that we are buying someone less good than what we already have.

Having said that, I completely trust Smith, and if we go into the new season with Ollie, Wesley & Callum Wilson as our strikers then so be it. Top 8 finish here we come.

People thinking Wesley is shit when he isn't, is not the point. 

He might not be ready to go until January. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

This makes me want to cry. For someone arguably as average as we already have is a separate point.

For a premier league striker who has played for England and is reportedly on 60k, unfortunately 50k plus bonuses would be the minimum he would accept.

Taylor 4 years ago was on 30k plus, elmo the same so 50k plus bonuses for a first team striker seems reasonable ?

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He played 32 full games last season and averaged a goal every 3 games. This is not prolific, but is still solid for a PL striker. A goal every 3 games is far superior to Keinan, who averages a goal every 1.5 seasons! 

How does it compare to Wesley's goals per game?

1 minute ago, holteendhero said:

I don’t understand all the talk about sell on value, Grealish, Luiz and McGinn all have sell on value but this place explodes when they are linked to other teams. 

We want to win the 2022 net spend trophy with all dem sell on profits innit

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

For a premier league striker who has played for England and is reportedly on 60k, unfortunately 50k plus bonuses would be the minimum he would accept.

Taylor 4 years ago was on 30k plus, elmo the same so 50k plus bonuses for a first team striker seems reasonable ?

Not really, if you're asking if it is reasonable, or not, I would say not. Kind of on a par with estate agents. Completely disproportionate outlay to the quality of work on offer. Market rate? Yep, sure. But not reasonable by any judgement.

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not really, if you're asking if it is reasonable, or not, I would say not. Kind of on a par with estate agents. Completely disproportionate outlay to the quality of work on offer. Market rate? Yep, sure. But not reasonable by any judgement.

Genuinely curious, what would you say is a reasonable weekly salary in todays market for a Premier league forward starter with England caps ? 

I would guess there are not many on less ? Maybe greenwood but only because of age.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

14 goals. 9 assists. The season prior.

28 years old. No major injury in years.

Aye. He's finished!

Striker not doing well in team that got relegated shocker.

For a team that stayed up by the skin of their teeth on the last day, mostly due to the inexperience of multiple foreign imports and the inability of their strikers to find the back of the net at all, this is about the most sensible signing we could make.

• Like 1

Initially (mainly due to links with Watkins and Eduard) I was in doubt about this deal.

However having seen a few stats,especially over the last three seasons. if this gets over the line at under 20 million we will most probably bought 10 goals and 5 assists.

Its a good deal IMO.