Matty Cash

paul514

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There are no vowels in Polish so at least the club shop won't run out of those letters, but we might in trouble with the Zs.

It's Mateusz Gotówka!

avatars-000008173676-z5f17c-t240x240.jpg

How do you know he won't be passionate about it? He might really love pierogi for all you know.

I mean if he is I'm all for it, I love him and I'd sooner watch Poland than England any day of the week, what I mean I think is I hope he doesn't just because England is not an option.

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I mean if he is I'm all for it, I love him and I'd sooner watch Poland than England any day of the week, what I mean I think is I hope he doesn't just because England is not an option.

I know what you mean. He joins Poland and then progresses so much he becomes the best RB in the country. That’s very unlikely to happen but if it did one of the Sky 6 would sign him off us anyway so who cares after that. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know what you mean. He joins Poland and then progresses so much he becomes the best RB in the country. That’s very unlikely to happen but if it did one of the Sky 6 would sign him off us anyway so who cares after that. 

Not that really but yes a likely scenario. 

4 hours ago, peterw said:

When I were a lad I was quite good at football and did wonder what I'd do if called up for Ireland (maternal grandparents) rather than England. I decided then that I couldn't play for a country where I have no feelings towards other than a generla nod as the birthplace of grandparents

Same - except for the being good at football bit.  :)

My Dad was Irish, but I don't have any more emotional affinity with Ireland than I do with, say, France. I mean, I'm not remotely 'patriotic' about England (last refuge of the scoundrel and all that), but English is what I am, culturally speaking. 

Funnily enough, despite living my whole adult life (since 18) in Leeds, I consider myself 100% Brummie, and were I an Aston Villa footballer my life would be complete. I would never voluntarily move to, oh let's say, Manchester City. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mam nadzieje jeżeli on będzie grał z representacjem Polskim, ludzie tutaj będą uczy się Polski, nie tylko 'owski' czy śćśćżżżż

Cokolwiek StefanAVFCski, nie rujnuj naszego stereotypu opartego na VT!

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Doesn't surprise me - what kind of regard is Emmanuel Olisadebe held in over there?

Very good regard actually, because he was successful! 

It's the 3/4 players between 2006/2014 that made Poles hesitant of 'foreigners' putting on a shirt.

The opinion is split on Matt Cash, but I think most people who know anything about football appreciate he is a very good RB from a top league and he is only 24. Even if you question the nationality aspect, you have to say that is a good deal for the Polish team.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Had an immaculate first half today - think he tired himself out a bit for the second, though! Both Matts had a lot asked of them today in terms of fitness/stamina and they stepped up. 

I thought it was tactical, both our full backs played high up the pitch first half, second half we seemed to go into more of a back 5 to stop greenwood and Ronaldo getting in behind.

19 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought it was tactical, both our full backs played high up the pitch first half, second half we seemed to go into more of a back 5 to stop greenwood and Ronaldo getting in behind.

Could be, could be a bit of both tbh - either way, it worked a charm. 

Â