Matty Cash

paul514

He might not be feeling it but he should play for Poland. He won’t have a hope of forging out a career as an England right back. Poland are pretty decent, they’ve come looking for him. They’ll qualify for world cups and euros. 

58 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He might not be feeling it but he should play for Poland. He won’t have a hope of forging out a career as an England right back. Poland are pretty decent, they’ve come looking for him. They’ll qualify for world cups and euros. 

From a Villa perspective I'd rather he just played for us and took the summer breaks to recover. The football schedule is gruelling now, seems almost inevitable players will get more injuries and any breaks will help with that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

What if he just doesn't feel Polish?

Why does he need to play international football at all? I agree he's got no shot at RB for England. Trent can barely get a game. But why bother playing for a nation he has no real allegiance to? Scott Sutter played a couple of games for Switzerland, said he hated it. It isn't going to further his career/ put him in the shop window any more than playing for Villa does, they're not going to win a trophy. Don't see the point myself. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cizzler said:

What if he just doesn't feel Polish?

Why does he need to play international football at all? I agree he's got no shot at RB for England. Trent can barely get a game. But why bother playing for a nation he has no real allegiance to? Scott Sutter played a couple of games for Switzerland, said he hated it. It isn't going to further his career/ put him in the shop window any more than playing for Villa does, they're not going to win a trophy. Don't see the point myself. 

True. Depends how much allegiance he does feel to the nation. Is it one of his immediate parents that's Polish?

On 19/09/2021 at 19:34, Risso said:

His goal celebration had a bit of everything. Sprint away from team mates, bit of a jump, fist pump, knee slide and kisses to the crowd. Almost as good as the goal itself.

Adebayor mk II

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

You say that but in the last game I’m pretty sure Southgate went with three right backs again. 

Southgate man, what a clueless f****** idiot that man is. 

Seems like he'll be going for it, can't blame him he's unlikely to break through all of Trippier, Trent, Walker, James and Wan-Bissaka. Likes of Tariq Lamptey and Max Aarons 3/4 years younger too.

Good luck to him! Hopefully a World Cup appearance or two in it for him next year.

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

That’s fair enough. But personally if I found out I were 1/50th Tanzanian and that was enough to play for Tanzania and they wanted me, I’d be there. Representing any country must be amazing.

Plus who wouldn’t want Tanzanian Instagram in their lives…

#Spoonagoal

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

never seen a player enjoy a goal as much:D. At first I couldn't figure out why Martinez was first to hug him until I realised that Matty had sprinted the entire length of the field and Emi was the closest player! 

Same

Given it was in front of the Holte, my brain couldn't compute where he was running to. You had 13,500 people going bonkers 20 yards in front of you. I'd run there.

I think he was running to where his family were sat. So fair do's.

Â