Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Along with Marv, most improved player since last season?

EDIT - Oh yeah, and Rambo!

And Luiz. And McGinn.

It isn't a coincidence. It's a sign we have some excellent coaches at the club and players who want to learn from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

England have a ridiculous amount of options at right back at present, which is a shame for Cashy because probably deserves a cap on current form

In all fairness, he needs that cap more  than most people, it'll help cover the bald patch 

• Haha 2

Right wing back really suits him, he’s got the freedom to show his capability as a winger, but he’s a winger that’s also very good at defending. His crossing is creating chances most games now, he’s on fire at the moment, long may it continue! 

• Like 1

Best right back we have had in god knows how long.

Massive fan of his, hope he goes on to have a decent international career with Poland and enjoy the opportunity playing on the same team with one of the best (if not THE best) striker in the world who won’t be rabbiting in his ear on joining him at Man City…

On 25/09/2021 at 11:40, May-Z said:

And Luiz. And McGinn.

It isn't a coincidence. It's a sign we have some excellent coaches at the club and players who want to learn from them.

A United mate (urgh) said that to me after the game. “Cash a different level to last season. Good sign of a great coach/manager setup.” Mind you I should point out he also claims Ole will come good so…….

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

A United mate (urgh) said that to me after the game. “Cash a different level to last season. Good sign of a great coach/manager setup.” Mind you I should point out he also claims Ole will come good so…….

In his general defense, it's probably easier to evaluate a player from another team than your own. Even the most knowledgeable fans can be clouded by factors like colored glasses and wishful thinking. Except Villa fans, of course!

42 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Got to be the most improved player so far this season? Some of his crosses have been absolutely sublime, totally revelling I got this RWB role.

Indeed. This seasons Matt Targett as things stand. Seems to be enjoying himself in the RWB role

• Like 1

It's all about the wing back role, isn't it?  Cash before was a good player but sometimes positionally caught out (defensively).  Utilising him in a wing back role shows off his offensive ability alongside the tenacity that he has in his defensive game.  He and Konsa (I think it was?) seemed to communicate well against Man Utd when Konsa(?) had to come across and cover.

It's going to be hard to move from 5 (or 3, depending on how you see it) at the back now, I think.

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It suits Cash really well, he's obviously enjoying it and he's thriving. 

Targett though is a fish out of water which is a shame. Maybe he'll adapt but he doesnt seem to have the mobility which you need for this role. 

I can see Bailey playing LWB as soon as fit when we play 5-3-2. He played there multiple times in a 5 at the back for Leverkusen. 

• Like 1

Â