Matty Cash

paul514

21 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

'Cuti' 😂😂 Thaat fraud of a defender has about 1000 career 'challenges' that deserve revenge. He's one player who would actually deserve a leg breaker.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

I'm a fan but he was off it today and with another ref would've easily been sent off.

Good decision by the manager to take him off at half time as they'd have targeted him second half and his mentality wasn't quite there so would've been vulnerable.

Will start midweek but not sure about Bournemouth as think UE might use this to send a little message.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

A bit surprised we started him as RM against a team like Spurs. Perhaps it was because Spurs play this wierd but efficient tactics with their fullbacks playing as attacking midfielders when they have possession, perhaps the idea was to have Cash as cover for Konsa. But it hampered our attacking play too much. It made such a difference in the second when Tielemans helped us regain control and Bailey driving on out wide.

We are well stacked in the inverted winger role with McGinn, Ramsey, Tielemans, Zaniolo and Buendia. What we really need is a top class RB. 

• Like 2

Interesting take on The Villa Podcast - while slating his performance they wondered (possibly very correctly) if the tactical plan was just to have ‘natural’ wingers (vs inverted) to drop outswingers in on a Spurs side with no CBs. Would make sense.

Speaking purely about ‘that challenge’ it’s not something that anyone really likes but unfortunately the foul to stop the break by the opposition is now part of the game. I haven’t seen it again since the game but I’m pretty sure that’s what it was. Yeah the player got hurt on this occasion but if it was a Man City player stopping the player then no one would bat an eyelid. 

Cash wouldn’t intentionally hurt anyone, he’s not Ben Mee, it was just a poorly timed challenge to stop a break by the opposition and every challenge has some inherent risk of hurting a player. 

I think a yellow card was fair. If it was the other way around I’d probably feel a bit aggrieved too but that’s just football. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm a fan but he was off it today and with another ref would've easily been sent off.

Good decision by the manager to take him off at half time as they'd have targeted him second half and his mentality wasn't quite there so would've been vulnerable.

Will start midweek but not sure about Bournemouth as think UE might use this to send a little message.

I’m not sure I agree tbh - Cash wouldn’t deserve to be left out, based upon yesterday imho.

Of course I might be totally wrong - but I don’t feel this is  UE’s method of doing things ??

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think a yellow card was fair. If it was the other way around I’d probably feel a bit aggrieved too but that’s just football. 

It was the other way around when Kamara was brought down after two fouls on the edge of the box, it didn't result in any card, not even a yellow. I'm sad that a player got injured but there was no malice in that challenge and there wasn't that much contact. 

You didn't see us bitchin when Ramsey was injured after coming back from an injury, did you. Getting dragged in by the London drama queen's isn't going to get them a win. They lost at home to a rival and can't deal with it . 

• Like 4

I have my days with Matty....sometimes he's really good, other times poor.

He can't defend well enough for me, of stay in possession in a challenge...but just my take.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tinker said:

It was the other way around when Kamara was brought down after two fouls on the edge of the box, it didn't result in any card, not even a yellow. I'm sad that a player got injured but there was no malice in that challenge and there wasn't that much contact. 

You didn't see us bitchin when Ramsey was injured after coming back from an injury, did you. Getting dragged in by the London drama queen's isn't going to get them a win. They lost at home to a rival and can't deal with it . 

Seems that way, and the media, follow along.

see them tackles in every game.....anyone else, and it would have been dismissed....they just lost an integral player.....join the club spurs, we've had 4 out all season.

BOT..............Sadly, I think Matty's place could be the next one under threat, moving forward

Edited by TRO

The Spurs fans seem convinced that Romero will be aiming for revenge on Cash in the return fixture but that misses several important points. First, there is every chance Romero will be banned again for one of his many hacking crazy fouls. Second, that Romero is in control enough of himself to target Cash, he might injure Cash but only as part of his normal kick everyone game. And third, I'm almost certain we'll have a new right back by the return fixture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â