Matty Cash

paul514

Definitely not a poor player.

I think he's got the ability he needs. He just gets in his own head a bit like Ollie and **** things up all the time.

You'll rarely see him fire a first time pass. Always a touch, a look, then the pass. Not bad you know, don't lose possession if you're not sure etc.. Attacking moves do get a bit stodgy around him at times though.

A really useful thing he could do is work a lot on his left foot crossing and passing and become someone who can cover both full back positions comfortably. That'll really help him over the next few years at Villa I think.

1 minute ago, blunther said:

I thought the little one-two he did before playing a pinpoint ball to Diaby which the keeper saved well was one of the best moments in the match. Love Catty Mash I do.

Yeah the one-off really was a great moment, completely opened Legia up on that right side...

I thought he played quite well to be fair.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A right **** mess for that Havertz handball. 

But otherwise supplied a lot of energy for a tired side which is not always easy to do when you’ve been dropped for two massive games. 

In that Athletic article, Unai mentioned he sees a lot of himself in Cash, a player that may be limited in his ceiling but will have to make up for it in effort. 

Don’t know why but think he still has a big part to play down the road this magical campaign. 

50 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

A right **** mess for that Havertz handball. 

But otherwise supplied a lot of energy for a tired side which is not always easy to do when you’ve been dropped for two massive games. 

In that Athletic article, Unai mentioned he sees a lot of himself in Cash, a player that may be limited in his ceiling but will have to make up for it in effort. 

Don’t know why but think he still has a big part to play down the road this magical campaign. 

I love Cashy but his future is def off the bench if he can be satisfied with that. RB has been the glaring weak spot in our side for a while now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Gave the team much needed energy when he came on. Thought we were very vulnerable down our right today with Martenelli finding a lot of space.

Think it was purposeful from Unai. Tilt the defense towards Saka, who had more end product. 

Martinelli has a lot of pace and is tricky but think we trusted Konsa to shut him down once he received it in space. 

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I thought he had a very good game when he was on. I cannot blame him for that "mess" with the handball either, he was there to deal with the situation, 2 yards off goal, not sure if there was anything else he could have done with that one.

He missed the header I think it hits his shoulder. However other than that he was good.

Just popped on a spurs forum to see what they were saying about that awful Romero tackle in their game and the majority are full of praise for it. One person even said they love seeing Romero do those tackles and hope he targets Cash next to end his career.

Not one person has pointed out that his tackle was a far worse one on a far more injury prone player than the one they want Cash hung drawn and quartered for 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, weedman said:

Just popped on a spurs forum to see what they were saying about that awful Romero tackle in their game and the majority are full of praise for it. One person even said they love seeing Romero do those tackles and hope he targets Cash next to end his career.

Not one person has pointed out that his tackle was a far worse one on a far more injury prone player than the one they want Cash hung drawn and quartered for 

Absolute clowns

29 minutes ago, weedman said:

If anyone needs a career ender it's him. He's a genuinely nasty player. That's the big difference between him and Cash. Hated him for ages tbh and he'll get his comeuppance one day.

Â