Matty Cash

paul514

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Hmm.... Ben Mee springs to mind.  In this case I think that Cash's challenge was poor and mistimed but it wasn't dangerous or a potential career / season ender.  You see a challenge like this in almost every match and it is always a yellow and usually both players get up and carry on with no issue.  It was unfortunate that Bentancur was injured (but possibly also slightly down to him being out for so long and not being 100% match ready?) but if you give a red for (poor) tackles like this then pretty much no match ever finishes with 22 players.  I don't think you can even argue that it was a challenge worthy of the 10 minute sin bin (assuming that they bring it in).

The hypocrisy is almost amusing. Football fan mentality hey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Before tackling a player you should ideally ask them:

1. How recently they've been injured

2. How severe that injury was

3. Whether the part of their body you are likely to make contact with has sustained an injury in the past. 

4. Whether their team has already sustained significant injuries in recent weeks. 

Once all of this information has been ascertained, then the player must decide if they should proceed with the tackle. Also you ideally would ask this series of questions before every subsequent tackle in case anything has changed. 

Well put. 

Looked to me like Bentancur wasn't fully ready for a competitive match. That's on Spurs, not us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a rash challenge and whilst I don’t really care about Bentacur, you are allowed to say that wasn’t good by Cash.

Yeah it wasn’t good, but rare for this type of tackle to cause an injury. Bentancur was unlucky.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a rash challenge and whilst I don’t really care about Bentacur, you are allowed to say that wasn’t good by Cash.

and he was suitably punished for it. i don't get what the issue is. do you think it was a red then?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

and he was suitably punished for it. i don't get what the issue is. do you think it was a red then?

Not at all. It was a yellow. There’s no issue. I was just pointing out you are allowed to say it was a poor challenge. Some Villa fans seem to get sensitive about that being said.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

Where's the hypocrisy? They're two totally different challenges.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The challenges are so far apart.

They are both poor challenges that wouldn’t normally injury a player but in this instance did. In Wesley’s case very badly. 

I get why Spurs are angry with Cash.  

Anyway enough of this.

Prefer Cash at right back. Reckon he’ll probably be back there tonight.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are both poor challenges that wouldn’t normally injury a player but in this instance did. In Wesley’s case very badly. 

I get why Spurs are angry with Cash.  

Anyway enough of this.

Prefer Cash at right back. Reckon he’ll probably be back there tonight.

I think most people's point on this forum is Spurs' anger seems excessive.

On the Nigel De Jong scissor kick scale, I think you can give Cash's hack a 6 or 7/10. Push it up to 8 if you're feeling really funky. 

Mee's was a 20 on the scale.

Plus Cash was booked of course, Ben Mee not even a foul given against him. That probably added to some of the anger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think most people's point on this forum is Spurs' anger seems excessive.

On the Nigel De Jong scissor kick scale, I think you can give Cash's hack a 6 or 7/10. Push it up to 8 if you're feeling really funky. 

Mee's was a 20 on the scale.

Plus Cash was booked of course, Ben Mee not even a foul given against him. That probably added to some of the anger.

I reckon if one of our best players had just returned from injury and then put out again by a rash challenge. Our fans would be very angry too.  

I like the scale 😊 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon if one of our best players had just returned from injury and then put out again by a rash challenge. Our fans would be very angry too. 

i'd like to think we wouldn't be quite as unhinged as spurs fans have been

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like the scale 😊 

I don’t think Emery would be stupid enough to risk a player in that scenario. Look how carefully he has managed Moreno and Ramsey’s return. Spurs in their desperation played a player that had no business starting a premier league game at that intensity after so long. 

• Like 2

Â