Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

We literally have no other right full backs in the team.

But... Emery often likes to play a centre back there. Maybe he wouldn't  have played as much if Mings had been fit, but it feels like he has really stepped up,  seems a lot more confident and is trying to make himself undroppable

11 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I thought he changed the game yesterday. Tireless running. Infectious enthusiasm. He's the one who grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck. Great stuff.

Probably our best right back in 40 years.

Matty Cash still has posters of Alan Hutton on his wall.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I thought he changed the game yesterday. Tireless running. Infectious enthusiasm. He's the one who grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck. Great stuff.

Probably our best right back in 40 years.

I went back and rewatched the last 5 minutes a few times today. His effort is obvious, and his play when we regain possession prior to the goal, where he runs, and then the pass to McGinn, are evidence of pure determination.

would like depth behind Cash, but I never worry with him out there. He has no competition and continues to push himself. Would've been more than fair for the crowd to sing his name at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

It pains me to be negative after such a good win but he's so brainless as a footballer. I really think he will struggle to perform in Emery's system which requires high football intelligence.

At least 2/3 times last night he played himself into trouble crying to turn out rather than play the % ball back to Martinez to rebuild.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It pains me to be negative after such a good win but he's so brainless as a footballer. I really think he will struggle to perform in Emery's system which requires high football intelligence.

At least 2/3 times last night he played himself into trouble crying to turn out rather than play the % ball back to Martinez to rebuild.

I'm not his biggest fan.  I think he's improved this year and tbh I though both full backs did really well yesterday.  think everyone in the team played themselves into trouble at some point.  lengelet and kamara especially but I think that was the game plan.  back themselves and their team mates no matter what and the gamble paid off.  

8 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

I'm not his biggest fan.  I think he's improved this year and tbh I though both full backs did really well yesterday.  think everyone in the team played themselves into trouble at some point.  lengelet and kamara especially but I think that was the game plan.  back themselves and their team mates no matter what and the gamble paid off.  

The difference is, with Kamara doing it, for example, we're dragging players out and trying to beat the press.

With Cash, I just think he panics and forgets what he's supposed to do.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I feel confident with most of our players on the ball, until it goes to Cash.

I think he was alright and really needs a rotation option. Between him and Digne, I wonder who's going to crack first.

Unai seems to be fine with the tradeoff between his football IQ and his athleticism. Allows him to be used in a few different options but is also a good option when he has to go 1v1 against some of the top wingers.

I think it took a while longer for him to get up to speed than others when Emery first came in, but he's kicked on a lot and while his position dictates that he doesn't get as much stick as say a Watkins can, he's still probably proven many wrong who thought his ceiling was lower than he's gone on to show this season in particular..

It's harsh to suggest he's brainless as a player, in my opinion. Has his shortcomings without doubt but he's playing in quite a detailed, fluid system under one of the best coaches around, across several different positions and/or interpretations of them at that. You're not managing to do that without a good aptitude for the game. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â