Matty Cash

paul514

I'm not a huge fan of Cash but i dont think hes bad bad,However i do sympathize with him having Mcginn being his defensive cover.

Must be hugely frustrating knowing Mcginn isnt gonna track in behind you aka his job.

Typical example was there first chance today when they played in Dennis behind from a crossfield ball and Mcginn just ball watched and didnt even spot Dennis's run. If you watch the replay of it Cash is giving Mcginn shit for it.

I was called a bluenose on this forum for calling out Cash a while ago.  It’s was a disgusting comment by the so called Villa fan!  Still say average at best and needs replacing.  The tackle he got booked for was rash at best!!!

Personally still think he's been one of our better players this season. Unfortunately he doesnt have that much composure in the final third. Instead of crossing the ball at every opportunity would be good to see him drive at the box a bit more. Get a bit closer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grobs said:

He had a poor performance but I don’t think we concede that goal if he was on 

Exactly. One of the best defensive right backs in the league.  Not so good when asked to play wing forward.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The lad on the other side was 10 times worse but then Gerrard didn't pay 20m and 160k a week for Cash.

Absolutely gutless substitution. Cost us a goal and all intensity.

I’m with you. 

Honestly, I think Cash is consistently one of our better players every week. I actually think he is quite good in the attacking third and digs out some very good crosses. He’s certainly no worse than Digne at times. 

I’ll say it again. How’s about we play a system that doesn’t require our fullbacks to be the be all and end all. 

Cash is fine. And so is Digne. Our fullbacks aren’t the problem. It’s the system and it’s our midfield.

Amazed anyone would have a bad word to say about this lad.

Him, Ramsay, Buendia, Mings and Martinez are the only members of our permanent squad to come out of this season with any credit.

As has been pointed out by other posters, no worse than Digne on the other flank, who is quickly becoming the biggest myth amongst Villa fans since Scott Hogan's runs 

• Like 1

There are very few players that are able to run as much as Cash does AND still deliver in the final third, the job he is being asked to do is nearly impossible. Last year we were praising him for his delivery, no coincidence that it has gone to s###. Anyone that runs that much looses all composure. 

My biggest problem with Cash, as has been my opinion since we signed him, is that he is much to rash, he makes some good showboaty tackles etc. but it's only because he makes a mistake before hand, just like Wan Bissaka does at Man Utd. He does posses an incredible engine though!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I've never seen a fullback get into such great positions but have zero end product.

Abysmal.

I wouldn’t quite call him “abysmal” but considering he was apparently a forward in his earlier Forest days you’d expect much better end product. I think he’s decent but if a silly offer came in for him we’d have to accept 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I might be mad, but I still think he’s one of our best players. How about we don’t rely on a system that requires our fullbacks to be absolutely everything in attack and defense. 

You're not completely mad. His defending has improved and he makes good runs. If he could cross a ball consistently, he'd be a star. Maybe not one of our best players, but certainly nowhere near our worst.

24 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

There are very few players that are able to run as much as Cash does AND still deliver in the final third, the job he is being asked to do is nearly impossible. Last year we were praising him for his delivery, no coincidence that it has gone to s###. Anyone that runs that much looses all composure. 

My biggest problem with Cash, as has been my opinion since we signed him, is that he is much to rash, he makes some good showboaty tackles etc. but it's only because he makes a mistake before hand, just like Wan Bissaka does at Man Utd. He does posses an incredible engine though!

Don't know about that. I never thought his delivery was great tbh. But I guess it wasn't as pronounced last seasons considering a lot of our attacks were funneled up to the left wing with Grealish.

Same with Watkins, I think rather than just these players becoming worse, its that people are finally starting to recognize the deficiencies that were always there.

• Like 1

Â