Matty Cash

paul514

Agree with all 3 of those comments above. Yes it was his worst game for us,  yes Kane's a cheating scumbag, yes he shouldn't really have been diving in like that in the area to give him the opportunity to cheat. He's come back from a long lay off against a very good team, and Elmo wouldn't have done any better. 

7 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

His worse game for us so far but fine, he had enough good games this season to warrant a very bad one, especially being out for so long. Let's hope he gets his act together after the break.

He started well to be fair, as the Cash we know.

Can't give him too much stick though, for the reason you have pointed out.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

That's just ridiculously harsh.... Kane lost the ball and engineered the contact. 

Cash, as demonstrated in this match, is a huge upgrade on Elmo.

Cash was horrible, Elmo would've been better today.

Thought he was fine first half, got forward well.

90 minutes was a little too much in the end as he was struggling to keep up with their breaks and would've been sent off if Moura had gone down when he lunged at him near the end.

Probably shows what can happen when player misses a month and comes back in for high intensity game.

Still he's been good most of the season.

• Like 1

Had a bit of a howler by his ordinarily high standards. Got forward well first half but his final ball could have been better, the goal wasn't his fault in the main but definitely could have avoided it better, and as much as people will give Kane stick for it he never should have gifted him the option of taking the penalty. Still and all he has more than enough credit in the bank and in fairness this was his first game back after a while out. Much like the team overall I'd be confident in his levels being raised after the international break. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Dean Smith said it was a penalty.

not really, he just didn’t commit to saying that it wasn’t. He also then said Targett was fouled in the build up but didn’t get it and “perhaps he should learn to fall over”.

Edited by a m ole

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's strange that the Kane penalty isnt at least reviewed.

He essentially lunges out of the channel that he is running in.

Surely these tricks are what var should be preventing.

If they didn't do anything about the elbow to the head of the Arsenal defender then they're hardly going to review whether a penalty for the England captain should be overturned, are they?

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

not really, he just didn’t commit to saying that it wasn’t. He also then said Targett was fouled in the build up but didn’t get it and “perhaps he should learn to fall over”.

Its not great its poor. Its a penalty. 

Yes it did say Targett should have gone done before hand. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rubbish and idiotic to slide like that. No excuses.  Kane was going nowhere

Terrible game from him

Not idiotic at all. He wasnt sliding towards Kane, he was sliding a metre away parallel to him in order to block a cross. Kane then lunged into the path of Cash.

It's a relatively new way to win fouls and Grealish has been doing it this season.

If it is to be used by the likes of Kane to win penalties though then it needs to be stamped out.

Its amazing what a penalty is when you think about it. Its basically a goal. So for Kane to over run the ball, miss control and have contact with Cash. That's a goal to Tottenham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not idiotic at all. He wasnt sliding towards Kane, he was sliding a metre away parallel to him in order to block a cross. Kane then lunged into the path of Cash.

It's a relatively new way to win fouls and Grealish has been doing it this season.

If it is to be used by the likes of Kane to win penalties though then it needs to be stamped out.

Its amazing what a penalty is when you think about it. Its basically a goal. So for Kane to over run the ball, miss control and have contact with Cash. That's a goal to Tottenham.

Hence the horrible new term, "he won the foul", in this case he actively tried to win a foul from nothing and was rewarded.

Games gone.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hence the horrible new term, "he won the foul", in this case he actively tried to win a foul from nothing and was rewarded.

Games gone.

Too right. Bring back the days when Souness could break a Romanian fella's jaw and get away with it.

PS - maybe there is a happy medium between the two.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It was silly. Really stupid in my opinion. Kane was going nowhere it was not needed.

Even smith highlighted it was a pen and it was. Kane of course was looking for it and that was inexperience by cash.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Too right. Bring back the days when Souness could break a Romanian fella's jaw and get away with it.

PS - maybe there is a happy medium between the two.

You're miles away from what I was trying to say. 

Kane simply pulled a stroke on Cash and it worked, by the letter of the law its a pen, but I'd like to see more common sense and as you say something safe and fair.

Jack is an expert but I can't remember a blatant sly move like that one yesterday, but he's ours so it probably doesn't register.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You're miles away from what I was trying to say. 

Kane simply pulled a stroke on Cash and it worked, by the letter of the law its a pen, but I'd like to see more common sense and as you say something safe and fair.

Jack is an expert but I can't remember a blatant sly move like that one yesterday, but he's ours so it probably doesn't register.

Jack does do it but far less blatantly than Kane did yesterday. Grealish delays fractionally to force a tangle of legs. Jack also tends to do it in wide, unthreatening areas of the pitch, when he has nothing on or nowhere to go and so no huge need for scrutiny. Tottenham were pretty much literally awarded a goal for Kane forcing that contact.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It was silly. Really stupid in my opinion. Kane was going nowhere it was not needed.

Even smith highlighted it was a pen and it was. Kane of course was looking for it and that was inexperience by cash.

Well if it's silly then you can no longer defend the space you occupy. You need to be mindful at all times that someone will jump at you.

Kane too writhing around on the floor screaming, only to get up about 12 seconds later to blast the ball in the goal. Referee awarding the penalty and then going over to check Kane was OK FFS.

Only slight criticism of Cash in that instance could be a touch of naivety, maybe he should have stayed down to screaming. 

But I'd rather have an honest defender.

• Like 1

Â