Matty Cash

paul514

I'm a big fan of Elmo. He never seems to be caught out. He shuts down the right hand side. 

So you'd expect him to not be getting forward. But he does. He puts in a wicked deep cross.

He certainly won't be a downgrade on Cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I only worry if Elmo can stay fit.

The dynamic or our game definitely changes with Elmo in the squad IMO.

Although, what he lacks in speed and running, he can make up for with pin point crosses.

Perhaps we can get him on set-piece duties as without Hourihane they have been absolutely diabolical.

On 15/02/2021 at 21:24, darrenm said:

I'm a big fan of Elmo. He never seems to be caught out. He shuts down the right hand side. 

So you'd expect him to not be getting forward. But he does. He puts in a wicked deep cross.

I think he will and that not because he’s not a good player. It’s because cash is an excellent player.  Elmo can do a job but I’d prefer to see Trez in front of him to offer more protection rather than Traore. 

• Like 1

Massive blow to us with Cash out for a few weeks. Hamstrings are normally 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully Elmo can come in and do a job at right back; it might be best to play Trezeguet ahead of him for the next few weeks so that we don't leave Elmo exposed.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

From the quotes I’ve seen/heard, Smith said a few weeks not a couple of weeks so I think 4 would be more accurate. Gutted. Elmo will do a job for us tho. 

Oh if he said a few weeks that's more likely a month then!

It's a big blow but an opportunity for Elmo so pleased for his chance. 

He is better than he is given credit for.....not got the athleticism of cash, but he is not a bad player, makes up for things, with experience.p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

"Couple of weeks"

You would think that's him out of Leicester, Leeds and Wolves. Ouch.

I almost feel like these are some of the absolute worst games for him to be out.

These are teams with extremely quick and tricky Wingers.

Hopefully we can adapt our game with Elmo somehow.

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought ham strings are about 7 games on average.

If you're mediocre and get one in July it's usually zero games .😀

Bad news about Matty Cash though. We should have bought Glossy Bitcoin in January as cover.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

If you're mediocre and get one in July it's usually zero games .😀

Bad news about Matty Cash though. We should have bought Glossy Bitcoin in January as cover.

Yes it is, bad news.....but so far injuries have been kind to us.

7 games was a generalisation.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

From the quotes I’ve seen/heard, Smith said a few weeks not a couple of weeks so I think 4 would be more accurate. Gutted. Elmo will do a job for us tho. 

If its anything like the "Barkleys out for a few weeks" then he's probably out for the season 

Unfortunately I think hes a huge downgrade for our aspirations. Hes a botton half prem player at best who's now at the end of his career. His service to villa is excellent but unfortunately he is a long way from cash. 

• Like 1

Â