Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Give him a chance before you crucify the poor kid!

Okay I am Sorry

Ben Chrisene is a great signing, a Future Ballon Dor winner, our academy the best in the country  

Edited by messi11

The owners are really investing in the right areas in order to produce a sustainable model that will, hopefully lead to consistency in performance. I love the fact that we are being properly run again. Exciting times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Speak to any football fan and they will say the same thing about their club. There’s a lot of young talent out there. Whether they make it in the top flight is a different story.

I wouldn't have said the same thing about my team 18 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Should we retire a shirt number in readiness for this Dude?

Let’s wait until he’s helped us win something first, like Bellingham did for small heath when he won that transfer fee for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What does that mean? 

As a facility, it's now amongst the top six in the country - the two Manchester clubs are in an arms race for youth recruitment, Chelsea have invested heavily, but in terms of youth facilities, with the money we've invested there's not much between us and Spurs or us and Arsenal. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hippo said:

It is indeed. We shouldn't run these clubs into the ground, they are probably operating on fine margins as it is. Disgusting that some filthy rich clubs try to short change those with not so much.

You are right, we should do our best by these lower ranked sides.

It’s nice to know that while our owners have definitely put their money where their mouths are since taking over, that they are also doing things the right way.

Also doesn’t hurt if the goodwill from this deal gets us a jump on the queue for their next up and comer from the academy, as they are clearly doing something right (Watkins, Ampadu etc).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Teams are buying highly rated youngsters all the time. I wouldn’t get to excited about it.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Speak to any football fan and they will say the same thing about their club. There’s a lot of young talent out there. Whether they make it in the top flight is a different story.

I don't however recall us having press reports before about signing "wonderkids" and pouncing ahead of teams like Liverpool and Chelsea as we have apparently done with Chrisene. 

I reckon we have stepped up considerably in terms of the quality of youngsters we are targeting and the amounts we are willing to pay for them. 

Hopefully it will soon be us loaning out some England under 21 international to a Championship team and seeing them scoring 30 odd goals whilst we decide if we bring them back to play for us in The Premier League or flog them for £20m pure profit. 

Nice to hear Exeter singing our praises about how we handled this too. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't however recall us having press reports before about signing "wonderkids" and pouncing ahead of teams like Liverpool and Chelsea. 

I reckon we have stepped up considerably in terms of the quality of youngsters we are targeting and the amounts we are willing to pay for them. 

Hopefully it will soon be us loaning out some England under 21 international to a Championship team and seeing them scoring 30 odd goals whilst we decide if we bring them back to play for us in The Premier League or flog them for £20m pure profit. 

sort urself out m8, only Brentford player's are worth 20m!!!, im fairly sure u just broke the law, cus i reckon Brentford have a copyright on the phrase "£20m".

panda no GIF by Shiny bear

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Ben Chrisene
ClubAston Villa
PositionMidfielder
Born12 January 2004

Joined Villa in the summer for an undisclosed fee from Exeter City, where he had been since the age of 11. He beat Ethan Ampadau’s record to become Exeter’s youngest ever player in the senior team when he appeared against Coventry in the Carabao Cup at the age of 15 years, seven months and one day and went on to play in the League Two victory over Cambridge United in January, the day before his 16th birthday. The England Under-16 international was linked with moves to Liverpool and even Bayern Munich before joining Villa. “We are delighted to have secured Ben’s signature,” said Villa’s academy manager Mark Harrison. Paul Doyle

Was the Villa player on the Guardian 20 young talents for 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/07/next-generation-2020-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â