Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

On 10/10/2020 at 17:23, barry'sboots said:

I'm not expecting Ben Chilwell to come in and compete but there must be championship left backs (Henry for example or Justin that Leicester signed last summer) who could come in and provide better cover/competition for Targett than Taylor does?  Danny Rose on loan ... although he doesn't appear to have the best character rep??

His attitude is horrible...  Some scenes from All Or Nothing which show his behavior.  Basically goes into Jose's office to give him a "play me or sell me" mandate.  Jose says he gave him an opportunity when he trained well and he was poor, so he played another who performed better in games after that.  Told him there are no guarantees he'll play week in and week out in his team and he needs to earn his spot.  Rose throws this toys out of the pram and runs to complain to Levy.  Levy makes inquiries to move him on and Rose thinks he's better than the clubs interested in him...  Exactly the type of behavior we don't want in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

His attitude is horrible...  Some scenes from All Or Nothing which show his behavior.  Basically goes into Jose's office to give him a "play me or sell me" mandate.  Jose says he gave him an opportunity when he trained well and he was poor, so he played another who performed better in games after that.  Told him there are no guarantees he'll play week in and week out in his team and he needs to earn his spot.  Rose throws this toys out of the pram and runs to complain to Levy.  Levy makes inquiries to move him on and Rose thinks he's better than the clubs interested in him...  Exactly the type of behavior we don't want in the squad.

I’d take him as competition for Targett, Rose might not displace him straight away but I think that competition for places is always healthy 

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Newcastle philosophy of not buying players over 26. 😂😂 

Callum Wilson and Jeff hendrick. Danny rose ended up there on loan too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yesterday's man, 30, bad attitude, not that good anymore. We are so done with these types of signings. It's like Drinkwater but worse

Smith would get him back on track, I think he’s gone stale at Spurs, he’s been there too long

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him as competition for Targett, Rose might not displace him straight away but I think that competition for places is always healthy 

Did you just ignore the entire post you replied to ? 😂 

He is not the kind of character we’d want at the club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yesterday's man, 30, bad attitude, not that good anymore. We are so done with these types of signings. It's like Drinkwater but worse

At least Drinkwater realized he himself is garbage.

Edited by hong0311

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was a Bruce signing several seasons ago. You know the point I'm making

I do mate. I tend to agree as well. The days of the Richards, Lescotts etc. coming here for a final big pay check on never ending contracts has to stop. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I thought he was very good. Well I think I do, must admit I'm struggling a bit keeping tabs on these youth players that played. If it's the one I recall he had some very mature interceptions, passing and calmness on the left side of defence. 

Must say while the commentators were as usual full of shite in regards to us playing Liverpool, Manchester United etc. they seemed to be in control of which youth players had the ball at any given time. Unless they just gambled by using names that is lol. 

This is one of the names I'm most excited for, it seems we beat some pretty stiff competition when we signed him in the summer and Exeter staff seem to rate him above both Watkins and Ampadu in terms of ceiling.

In addition Guardian did a profile on him as one of the best talents to keep an eye on;

image.png.d553729aa759e4ad68a8caa8dcd0cb5a.png

I didn't manage to catch the Liverpool game but how did he play? It seemed like he was one of the youngest on the field.

Â