Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

CM: Milan and Napoli could go back in for Werder Bremen star as price drops to €16m (sempremilan.com)

AC Milan could reignite their interest in Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica given his asking price has dropped, a report claims.

As Calciomercato.com writes, a number of star players could leave Werder this summer as they have been relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time in 41 years. Milot Rashica is one of them, and in the summer he was the subject of enquiries from Napoli, Milan and RB Leipzig.

In October, however, it was Bayer Leverkusen who secured him, but the transfer fell through in the final few hours of the market. This year the 24-year-old has not been as impressive, scoring just three goals in 24 appearances, but there is a clause in his contract that makes him a very interesting opportunity.

With relegation he can leave for €16m, and Aston Villa have already knocked on Werder’s door, but – given the price – the Italian clubs could go back in for him.

Pundit claims Rashica would improve Villa | FootballFanCast.com

Exclusive: Bundesliga expert claims Rashica would be a huge upgrade for Aston Villa

In an exclusive interview with Football FanCast, Daniel Pinder, editor-in-chief at Get German Football News, has claimed that Milot Rashica would be a massive upgrade on what Aston Villa already have in the final third after Football Insider reported they could reignite a move for him.

It was reported last summer that Villa had agreed to meet Rashica’s £20.5 million release clause, however the deal was scuppered when the 24-year old asked for his £40,000 per week wages to be doubled.

Aston Villa have struggled for creativity in the final third during Jack Grealish’s time on the sidelines with Trezeguet, Anwar El Ghazi and Bertrand Traore not being consistent enough as they have just 13 goals between them in the Premier League this season.

Speaking on how Rashica would be an improvement on what Vill already have and how playing with someone like Grealish would help Rashica, Pinder told

“He is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the front three as he has done for Werder Bremen, and I think he would be a huge upgrade on Trezeguet and El Ghazi.

“At a team like Villa where he would have the likes of Grealish and John McGinn, I think he could do well and excel.”

Depending on the injury he had, I'd be ok with signing him for £14m. Bargain in this day and age.  Assumes the injury isn't a "likely to recur" kind of thing.

As to whether it will, I think not. 

Especially if he did reject us last year. I call media bulls%$t "leaked" by his agent, to stir up interest and get someone to sign him. 

He's Like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Former Germany Star On Aston Villa Target Milot Rashica (insidefutbol.com)

He’s Like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Former Germany Star On Aston Villa Target Milot Rashica

Former Germany international Dietmar Hamann has dubbed Aston Villa target Milot Rashica “Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde” due to his inconsistent performances.

The Werder Bremen winger was a man in demand last summer, with RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen coming close to signing him, while Aston Villa were also keen on snapping him up.

However, Rashica stayed put at Werder Bemen, something Hamann thinks has affected his performances over the course of the season.

He is again being linked with a move ahead of the rapidly approaching summer transfer window, with Aston Villa potentially ready to rekindle their interest.

Hamann though feels that Rashica is inconsistent and is not the same player he was previously, though he is not questioning the winger’s desire.

“Rashica is Werder’s Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde because you never know what you will get from him”, Hamann told Werder Bremen focused outlet DeichStube.

“He has lost something since the move that was cancelled.

"I do not want to deny his desire, but he is not the same player as before."

Seems last summer this player was being over hyped, with some people even saying things like 'signing like this never happen for us, it's just like Sneijder all over again'... and this summer he seems to be being underrated and too easily dismissed, fact of the matter is he's got a better pedigree than just about any other winger we've linked with including Buendia, not saying I'd prefer him over the other links, but he's more proven at an higher level and I wouldn't be complaining if he did sign.

Probably just an easy link for the media to make though, I still think Grealish will play the majority of games on the left, I know people have it in their heads that he will play in midfield but I remember people presuming that last summer as well, so not sure if there's room for Rashica, especially if we keep El Ghazi.