Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Given the seeming progress of this link to something that now has me as excited as a 6 year old on Christmas morning I think it's time for the "dream" apres-window what our lineup could look like thing. 

This is mine:

Grealish            Watkins            Rashica

McGinn               Luiz             Loftus-Cheek*

Targett        Mings        Konsa        Cash    

Martinez

*Would be my midfield signing of choice to replace Hourihane in starting 11.

Stinks of the most exciting Villa team since the Young/Milner/Barry days.

UTV

• Like 3

11 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Well, I must say that when the original link came in I huffed and puffed and expressed my frustration that a thread had even been opened. 

Mostly due to my pessimistic nature rather than any relevant knowledge or vitriol towards the creator of the thread to be fair,  but still I posted a few passive aggressive digs.  

Look, this one still seems to be hanging in the balance and could go either way and I'm still not getting my hopes up too much but there is positive noise and I don't think anyone can deny our interest is genuine and progressive.

On that note, a wee fist bump to @AvfcRigo82 is in order from me. 

q1gpTJz.gif

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tez500 said:

I think Dean wants us to be a budget/lite Liverpool. 3 forwards instead of wingers, who carry the ball with the width coming from the fullbacks. Targett's attacking stats suggest he is capable of it, despite not being blessed with pace, but neither is Robertson. Mings is able to play the long ball a la VVD. Let's hope Cash can be our Trent.

Good shout. Need another big defensive midfielder if that’s the case. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good shout. Need another big defensive midfielder if that’s the case. 

Absolutely, Liverpool have functional no frills midfield to accommodate the front three and attacking fullbacks. Luiz is fine but if Grealish plays in the centre we will need an anchor to shield the centre backs. 

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I reckon Jack will play where Jack wants to play from now on.

I've been saying this for a long time now.. I think many people think if Jack stays he will still stay out left. I personally think that as soon as we have the quality and pace out wide Jack goes back central. It's the position he wants to play, his best position and gives him the licence to roam both sides of the pitch. Smith I think will facilitate this which is why I think the focus primarily is for another left sided player to be brought in. Then we will see a 3 of Jack, McGinn and Dougie in the middle with Dougie sitting in front of the defence. A 4-1-2-2-1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I've been saying this for a long time now.. I think many people think if Jack stays he will still stay out left. I personally think that as soon as we have the quality and pace out wide Jack goes back central. It's the position he wants to play, his best position and gives him the licence to roam both sides of the pitch. Smith I think will facilitate this which is why I think the focus primarily is for another left sided player to be brought in. Then we will see a 3 of Jack, McGinn and Dougie in the middle with Dougie sitting in front of the defence. A 4-1-2-2-1.

I thought this was pretty likely as well but then there’s a lot of rumours we are keen on a new central midfielder as well for decent money, which kinda goes against that theory. I feel like our next signing/s will confirm what the plan is here. If we bring in a wide left player then I find it hard to see us spending big on another centre mid

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Loves to cut inside. Very direct and looks to run forward with the ball at pace as soon as he gets it. Has a rocket of a shot hence the nickname; the rocket. Has explosive pace and very effective playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running onto through balls. He's seriously quick. Hard worker too. Not afraid to track back and but a shift in. Good temperament. Can't remember ever seeing him commit a foul and doesn't seem to lose his head.

This goal sums him up best:

Nice goal!!

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I thought this was pretty likely as well but then there’s a lot of rumours we are keen on a new central midfielder as well for decent money, which kinda goes against that theory. I feel like our next signing/s will confirm what the plan is here. If we bring in a wide left player then I find it hard to see us spending big on another centre mid

No. Midfielders pick up the most wear over the season and in the compressed season missing 3-4 weeks could means 6 or 7 games. We need a player who can either fill in for mcginn or Luiz and keep us with an attacking threat 

2 hours ago, Tez500 said:

I think Dean wants us to be a budget/lite Liverpool. 3 forwards instead of wingers, who carry the ball with the width coming from the fullbacks. Targett's attacking stats suggest he is capable of it, despite not being blessed with pace, but neither is Robertson. Mings is able to play the long ball a la VVD. Let's hope Cash can be our Trent.

This is a really good shout.

We already have the best @TrentVilla though 😁

• Like 1