Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Holy Mary mother of god please sign...

(By the way is that Boateng he's made look like the QE2 there?)

It is. These aren't some crappy defenders in the Belgian league he's been playing against. He's done it against, in my opinion, the best team in the world.

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

Decent article here comparing Rashica to Timo Werner and promoting him as a suitable replacement (before Werner moved to Chelsea). He is definitely more in a forward as oppose to a traditional winger.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/milot-rashica-at-rb-leipzig-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

That is a very good read. Exactly what we're needing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It is. These aren't some crappy defenders in the Belgian league he's been playing against. He's done it against, in my opinion, the best team in the world.

OK, excitement levels are high, this could be a big one if it comes off. 

I think I'm going to hide for a week now and pray that he's signed when I come back. 

• Like 1

I think I know why this link popped up again.

Lange sitting on the settee a week ago:

"Hmm, think I'll google my new employer. "

"I'll check out this forum."

"They have a thread on a guy called Milot Rashica - think I read his name in the papers the other day."

"Why are they talking about masturbation? Women in pants? Are Villalad21 and Rayk the same person?"

"Ohhh, obligatory YouTube video - yes please!"

*Calls Purslow*

"My...network...found a RW from Werder Bremen...oh by the way, what's a fish pun?"

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I really wouldn't class him as a winger at all. Definitely a forward. Not terribly dissimilar to Werner.

Ah. 

So the wait for a new winger/two new wingers goes on then. ☹️ In that case, we still need a new player, or preferably two new players, who can supply Watkins with great crosses, I wonder if we'll get one or not.

44 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Loves to cut inside. Very direct and looks to run forward with the ball at pace as soon as he gets it. Has a rocket of a shot hence the nickname; the rocket. Has explosive pace and very effective playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running onto through balls. He's seriously quick. Hard worker too. Not afraid to track back and but a shift in. Good temperament. Can't remember ever seeing him commit a foul and doesn't seem to lose his head.

This goal sums him up best:

kim jong un korea GIF

What a rocket. Sign him up.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

Ah. 

So the wait for a new winger/two new wingers goes on then. ☹️ In that case, we still need a new player, or preferably two new players, who can supply Watkins with great crosses, I wonder if we'll get one or not.

Rashica would play in the position that would normally be occupied by a winger. We wouldn’t need extra, unless we’re looking for more options or if we move Grealish back into midfield.

A front 3 of:

Grealish - Watkins - Rashica

Or if Grealish drops back:

Rashica - Watkins - New Player

The good thing about Rashica is that he can play anywhere along the front 3. If him and Grealish share the wide roles, they can switch sides throughout matches like Rashica has done at Bremen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, robby b said:

Ah. 

Well, I wouldn't class him as a winger in the traditional old fashioned sense. I'd call him a wide forward or inside forward. I think we'll be looking to use a fluid and interchanging frontline this season by using players who can take up any position across the front and keep swapping during the game. Something like:

Grealish-----Watkins----Rashica

Or

Rashica----Watkins----New player

----------------Grealish----------------------

As we know, Watkins can and does drift wide as well as playing centrally and I expect him to do that. Combining Rashica with him only makes them both more effective because they are both capable of taking up any position across the front 3. The interchanging during games could cause nightmares for defences, especially with the pace both players offer.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Rashica would play in the position that would normally be occupied by a winger. We wouldn’t need extra, unless we’re looking for more options or if we move Grealish back into midfield.

A front 3 of:

Grealish - Watkins - Rashica

Or if Grealish drops back:

Rashica - Watkins - New Player

The good thing about Rashica is that he can play anywhere along the front 3. If him and Grealish share the wide roles, they can switch sides throughout matches like Rashica has done at Bremen.

Hey, stop reading my mind! 😉

Edited by Okonokos
  • Haha 1