Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Just out of interest guys, for those who probably know a lot more about Rashica and foreign football than I do, would you class this a marquee signing if it happens? 

Also, who would people suggest was the last bigger name we signed than this (in terms of reputation - not letters in name). 

Edited by Villarocker

19 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

This posted 3 hours ago by foreign journo...now “advanced talks” and “five year deal”

I can't believe that foreign journos haven't discovered the old "Preparing a bid" form of reporting yet. 

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

244 pages based on Villa Report clickbait nonsense. 

Classic Villa Talk.

244 pages based on a player we've been actively targetting since the middle of summer...

Good job I didn't post the 18/8 update of Rashica on here, the thread would be a different kettle of fish!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Just out of interest guys, for those who probably know a lot more about Rashica and foreign football than I do, would you class this a marquee signing if it happens? 

Rashica is almost everything to Bremen that Grealish is to us, except he isn't an academy product. To put it into some context, imagine if Grealish left us. That's more or less what it would be like for Bremen losing Rashica.

I'm not saying that he's as good as Grealish of course, and I hesitate to call him a marquee, but I was excited by the idea the moment I heard the link. Honestly thought a team higher in the league would've snapped him up by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Also, who would people suggest was the last bigger name we signed than this (in terms of reputation - not letters in name). 

Absolutely no question. It would be the most excited I've been since Carew.

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

Decent article here comparing Rashica to Timo Werner and promoting him as a suitable replacement (before Werner moved to Chelsea). He is definitely more in a forward as oppose to a traditional winger.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/milot-rashica-at-rb-leipzig-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

I really wouldn't class him as a winger at all. Definitely a forward. Not terribly dissimilar to Werner.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I’ve never watched him. What style of player is he? Does he cut inside? Drive to the byline? Take a player on? 

Loves to cut inside. Very direct and looks to run forward with the ball at pace as soon as he gets it. Has a rocket of a shot hence the nickname; the rocket. Has explosive pace and very effective playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running onto through balls. He's seriously quick. Hard worker too. Not afraid to track back and but a shift in. Good temperament. Can't remember ever seeing him commit a foul and doesn't seem to lose his head.

This goal sums him up best:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Loves to cut inside. Very direct and looks to run forward with the ball at pace as soon as he gets it. Has a rocket of a shot hence the nickname; the rocket. Has explosive pace and very effective playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running onto through balls. He's seriously quick. Hard worker too. Not afraid to track back and but a shift in. Good temperament. Can't remember ever seeing him commit a foul and doesn't seem to lose his head.

That sounded like a painful bowel movement.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Holy Mary mother of god please sign...

(By the way is that Boateng he's made look like the QE2 there?)