Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Aston Villa make an official bid for Milot Rashica

Dan Clubbe 22 mins ago

Responding to rumours from BILD linking Aston Villa with a move for Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica, the very well respected Fabrizio Romano took to Twitter.

The reputable journalist confirmed that Villa have in fact made an ‘official bid’ for the Kosovan international winger, whilst also dismissing rumours that the Bremen man had an agreement to join fellow Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

The report in German publication BILD links Dean Smith’s side with a £16.6m (€18m) bid for the 24-year-old.

Rashica has been linked with a move away from Bremen for many months now, after being the highlight in an otherwise dismal 2019/20 which saw them just escape relegation via the play-off system.

Having avoided the need to sell in terms of a relegation release clause, Bremen are keen to sell on their own accord as quickly as possible, with financial difficulties cited as the main protagonist.

Rashica was by far and away his side’s shining light during last season, scoring eight times and making five assists from 28 appearances.

Smith would be rightfully delighted should he pull off this deal. Not so long ago, the Kosovan winger was being touted as a possible target for the likes of Liverpool, Bayern Munich and others, not to mention the ongoing interest from Leipzig, so he’s clearly a player who has a fair amount of quality.

Courtesy of MSN Sport

Adding AC Milan to the list of clubs he has been "linked with" it makes you begin to wonder if Milot doesn't like the colour Red!? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

A link is a link apparently.

You talked about it as if it's real. Which is different to the 'a link is a link' thing. A link is something that appears in a newspaper. But not everything in a newspaper is real. See?

Edited by Rolta

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You talked about it as if it's real. Which is different to the 'a link is a link' thing. A link is something that appears in a newspaper. But not everything in a newspaper is real. See?

Sorry, I think you’ve missed my conversation Avfcrigo82.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/27/liverpool-fans-react-to-latest-milot-rashica-rumours/

there was definitely fairly strong rumours surrounding LFC back in Feb and into May this year....and again last month...

If this comes off it will defo be a statement of intent, feck I hope we get him cus based on some comments form LFC fans they would have welcomed him. Their level of expectation is far higher than ours so it says a lot... 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd be quite happy for Purslow to just drop £25m on the table and get it done, rather than lose out. We can probably negotiate a bargain price as WB need to sell, but the longer that goes on, the more chance of another club coming in for him.

Agreed. Just get it done. Though, easy to say when it's not my millions. 

55 minutes ago, rayk said:

Just like Mings has turned down approaches from Man Utd since he’s signed.

A links a link....

You’re being pedantic now. It’s not out of the question that Liverpool were interested, or other teams that we don’t know about. Could be he wants first team football.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 1