Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Just now, penguin said:

I’ve never understood how the personal terms can be agreed before the fee. Isn’t this “tapping up”? I thought you can’t speak with the player before the transfer fee was agreed yet I see this quite often.

They can get permission from the club to speak to other clubs if it’s clear they’re going to be moving, while the clubs negotiate a fee. Seems fairly standard these days. Watkins and Cash we’re wrapped up within 24 hours of a fee being agreed publicly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

But thats weird...... there are so many transfers where we all agree that a bid must be accepted before wages are agreed.....otherwise you disrupt a player?

Not when a club has the intention of selling. Like us with Grealish 2 seasons ago. Terms had been agreed with the player they just had not agreed the fee yet. But the club was happy for the player to talk to the club.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

I categorically said he wasn’t going to sign 2-3 weeks ago? I didnt wait for the mods to close the thread before I said it but yeah the mods did close down the thread.

So if you think I’ll look a tit, I assume you’re saying that about the mods too?

Threads are closed when it ‘appears’ the transfer isn’t going to happen. As was stated, the thread would be re-opened if there were fresh links. There were fresh links.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not when a club has the intention of selling. Like us with Grealish 2 seasons ago. Terms had been agreed with the player they just had not agreed the fee yet. But the club was happy for the player to talk to the club.

Bit clubs only allow players to speak to another club if they reasonably believe they’ll get the fee they want. This has to be part of the negotiations.

Perhaps not quote Grealish as an example when we had Dr Broke as our owner.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Threads are closed when it ‘appears’ the transfer isn’t going to happen. As was stated, the thread would be re-opened if there were fresh links. There were fresh links.

Yes, and I welcome the fresh links if there is anything to talk about and there is. Doesn’t mean he’s going to sign and doesn’t mean to say he will.

He’s a top quality player from all I’ve seen and offers better vfm than Benrahma and I’d love him at Villa if he wants to come and fits the ‘no dickheads’ policy.

I’ve said that From the off.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Green-White said:

good evening Villa fans, i am here to follow how the rashica transfer is taken by you guys, at WB there are high hopes this deal can be done for around 23 million + Bonis

Welcome. What is the word in Germany at the moment? Does it sound like the links are reliable? What is your gut feeling that will happen?

I don’t get why some are moaning about the amount of pages in this thread because:

1. By posting you are adding to the thread, so there is a certain irony there, and

2. Who cares!? It’s not like we have a page limit on the forum and this is taking up a valuable resource. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Green-White said:

good evening Villa fans, i am here to follow how the rashica transfer is taken by you guys, at WB there are high hopes this deal can be done for around 23 million + Bonis

Good evening, welcome to Villatalk. Unfortunately we have one poster who is convinced that there is no way that he will sign for us, and that the rest of us are idiots for thinking he might, so there you have it, the transfer is off. 

Also, the Rashica thread is much much longer than many of the threads for our existing players, but if you read through it you will see that we are quite, quite mad. In fact there is a train at one point. The less said about the pages of fish puns, the batter, I mean better.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

They can get permission from the club to speak to other clubs if it’s clear they’re going to be moving, while the clubs negotiate a fee. Seems fairly standard these days. Watkins and Cash we’re wrapped up within 24 hours of a fee being agreed publicly. 

Put bluntly if we’re buying players from the Chumps then yes personal terms can be agreed within 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t get why some are moaning about the amount of pages in this thread because:

1. By posting you are adding to the thread, so there is a certain irony there, and

2. Who cares!? It’s not like we have a page limit on the forum and this is taking up a valuable resource. 

Exactly. I get the impression that some posters don't like others just having a bit of harmless fun sometimes. There also seems to be concrete links so every reason to have this thread open and no reason not to have a bit of fun at the same time. I enjoy the tongue in cheek humour. It hurts nobody.

• Like 2

Just now, rayk said:

Put bluntly if we’re buying players from the Chumps then yes personal terms can be agreed within 24 hours.

Not my point at all. Which you seem to have completely missed. 

My point of the deals being wrapped up within 24 hours including medical clearly shows that we had spoken to them before a fee is agreed.