Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The big thing about watkins aside from his scoring ability is that 3 years ago he was one of the best wingers in the championship but he was playing a completely different style. From what I have seen so far Smith wants watkins to do a hybrid of what he did last season and back then for him. He wants him beating players, creating chances and attacking players in the wing but he also wants good hold up play and fox in the box ability and I think watkins can provide it all. 

Watkins is a bit of a machine. He outmuscled Van Dijk and outpaced Gomez. He is as durable as they come. Whilst I was a bit sceptical at first I think he is going to be a very good signing. And because of the type of player he is we don't have to do like for like subs when chasing games. We can take off trez and have watkins as a drifting striker as well. 

To be fair the Brentford lads on here told us how good he was, but seeing is believing. I think he’ll be as important to the team as Jack by the end of the season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

To quote my youngest son, “he is brill isn't he dad”

Even after the belt and confiscation of his Xbox controller for several days for shortening words in a sentence, you have to admire the sentiment. 

I would at least give him a Chinese burn for not using a question mark too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Even after the belt and confiscation of his Xbox controller for several days for shortening words in a sentence, you have to admire the sentiment. 

Surely you must be proud he said ‘isn’t he’ instead of aye ee!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

To be fair the Brentford lads on here told us how good he was, but seeing is believing. I think he’ll be as important to the team as Jack by the end of the season. 

They did indeed. I recall them being very confident he would be a success. I think the biggest reason for doubts were comments like a lot of his goals were taps ins and the defending would not be that bad in the Premier League....

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely you must be proud he said ‘isn’t he’ instead of aye ee!

Quite right, Thank the Lord he doesn’t take after his mother side, uncouth ruffians 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They did indeed. I recall them being very confident he would be a success. I think the biggest reason for doubts were comments like a lot of his goals were taps ins and the defending would not be that bad in the Premier League....

To be honest I wasn’t doubting that because of couple of things:

-He played as a winger too so that would require pace, shooting and also other aspects than just tap ins.

-Tap in itself is good with us as last season we had Targett sending them for fun but no one to score them.

-He did score some nice goals which shows his ability, for example his second goal at Liverpool was a way of his scoring. 

But I won’t say that I was excited by him as I’m excited now. I think he’s better that what I thought, but I wasn’t doubting his scoring ability because of the tap ins. I’m really happy with what I’ve seen in the last two games, actually even the way he forced the Sheff Utd defender to get sent off was a great sign about his ability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I sincerely hope you didn't take away his Xbox controller. 

I thought we'd left that kind of barbaric punishment behind. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seen several times Brentford fans claiming they have a sell on fee from Ollie. Anyone heard of this? I'm finding it incredibly unrealistic we offer £ 33 million for a championship striker and include a sell on percentage. 

I would imagine that will be true.

We were desperate for Watkins, Brentford held all of the cards. Fair play to them.

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest I wasn’t doubting that because of couple of things:

-He played as a winger too so that would require pace, shooting and also other aspects than just tap ins.

-Tap in itself is good with us as last season we had Targett sending them for fun but no one to score them.

-He did score some nice goals which shows his ability, for example his second goal at Liverpool was a way of his scoring. 

But I won’t say that I was excited by him as I’m excited now. I think he’s better that what I thought, but I wasn’t doubting his scoring ability because of the tap ins. I’m really happy with what I’ve seen in the last two games, actually even the way he forced the Sheff Utd defender to get sent off was a great sign about his ability.

Tap ins is a fallacy to down grade them......because the trick is to be in the right place at the right time.....it comes back to reading the game and as we all know that is the secret to great players......awareness is crucial and he has it.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Tap ins is a fallacy to down grade them......because the trick is to be in the right place at the right time.....it comes back to reading the game and as we all know that is the secret to great players......awareness is crucial and he has it.

Well it wasn't people saying that he wouldn't get tap ins. It is just that the way he got them isn't how you normally see it. He just seems to really easily lose his man and premier league defending is a lot better than the championship. It didn't seem like particularly clever movement in the highlights or whatever but he is still consistently doing it and I don't know how. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

To quote Wenger. "If you like football you like Grealish", ok he didnt say it about Grealish but the same thing applies. Southgate obviously doesn't like football. 

if he didn't say it, its not a quote.🙃

Â