Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

No chance we are spending big on a striker in the summer imo. Get Archer back and have him and Duran as back ups. Reckon Ollie would get close to 20 leagues in a full season under Emery. He also doesn’t miss many games either. He’s good enough for a European push next season. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Kane, Toney and Watkins should be in the England squad for the next international break. 

Anyone else and the manager is smoking..........oh wait........

Think you are correct Toney Kane and Watkins will be in that squad and then comes the moaning about Toney being involved.

Will surely be back in the next England squad with Kane and Toney, would be an outrageous decision by Southgate if he didn't select him given how good he has been week in week out since December.

Took his goal brilliantly again today and should have had another, if he keeps this form going he will get get at least 15 this season and may even get close to 20 which is incredible given his slow start to the season. 

Doesn't matter who gets called up, you know Southgate is going to want yo take a closer look at that Kane fella, see how he fairs when we play Malta 

Seriously England have a problem in that no one can nail the 2nd choice role because Southgate won't let them 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Should be looking at being back in the England squad next week shouldn't he?

Should be, but I'd be very surprised if he was. The fact that he's become quite clinical in recent months changes very little.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Couldn’t give a shit it Southgate picks him or not. 

Normally I'd disagree as I like to see our players getting international recognition. But when it comes to CFs, it's almost pointless. No CF will get substantial minutes in any meaningful fixture over Kane. All that talk about who would go to the World Cup as backup striker was pointless, they were never getting many (if any) minutes.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 17:20, ChesterDad said:

Sorry but personally I’m not allowing myself to get too carried away just yet.

it’s brilliant to see Ollie in such fine form but I can’t forgot so quickly that he has been poor for longer than he has been good.

I’d be quite worried if there was a grain of truth in the ings theory - I think it’s down to better coaching.

I’ll just wait a little while longer - if Ollie is still performing like this at the end of the season then I would say it’s much more than a good patch of form 

Long enough?

On 28/02/2023 at 09:24, picicata said:

.. and then he went to play in Turkey

The End

Not quite. Then he gets recalled from Turkey for a final chance but it turns out he really was shot after all.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I feel like you're fishing for something with that comment.

Not the plaice for that kind of talk mate, chumming the water for me to bite, only then I get battered for reacting to it.

😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Should be looking at being back in the England squad next week shouldn't he?

Tammy and Wilson have been poor recently so I expect them to get a call up

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Normally I'd disagree as I like to see our players getting international recognition. But when it comes to CFs, it's almost pointless. No CF will get substantial minutes in any meaningful fixture over Kane. All that talk about who would go to the World Cup as backup striker was pointless, they were never getting many (if any) minutes.

And if Kane does get injured and they get their chance England would be in big trouble anyway. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Long enough?

Look it’s great that Ollie is in fine form right now and long May it continue 🤞🤞 but don’t forget that old saying form is temporary, class is permanent - like you I’m hoping that Ollie is playing himself into the latter - but for me I will wait a little longer 

• Like 2

Â