Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Completely different. I've always said Ollie has strengths. You just generically say Traore makes bad decisions and is ineffective. Well the eye test and stats disprove that.

Everyone was agreed on Ollie's weaknesses previously.

I don’t just say he makes bad decisions, I say he’s mostly s***. The eye test was enough for the club to pay him to play elsewhere. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He's rubbish get rid- he is looking better now-he is amazing, another club will want him soon-he is getting too big for his boots- he is rubbish again.

The usual VT story arc.

Along with some puns and memes…

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No... criticism after we have won away and and picked up 3 points and he's scored is met with disbelief.... You mentioned how poor his touch was in one moment, but you didn't mention how good his touch was in another moment. 

Your continual need to look for negatives without the balance of positives, makes your argument heavily unbalanced.

I do not apologise for reacting to any heavily unbalanced argument with utter disbelief.

Especially when that argument is brought up when we have just won away 🤠

I looked at his all round performance and called it as I saw it. I've always said he has strengths mate.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

He's rubbish get rid- he is looking better now-he is amazing, another club will want him soon-he is getting too big for his boots- he is rubbish again.

The usual VT story arc.

I wonder when the Keinan Davis thread get bumped wit the usual “maybe we should recall him he might fit in this Emery system”  😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I saw this "I've always said he has strengths" and thought... nah, bollocks.  You're the most critical person on here... but maybe I'm being too harsh and you do actually praise him.  So I took an arbitary number of pages back (basically coinciding with Watkins hitting peak form) and this is what you've said about our mate Ollie:

So, these strengths that you like to state...? 😐 

Shots fired.

On 14/02/2023 at 17:48, Tom13 said:

Fair enough. Seemed to be more direct chances when Ings was on. Either way, I think we need a bit of Ollie's style and a bit of Ings' style. I'm just saying I personally think we'll likely need better if we are serious about moving up to the next level (top 8 finish).

On 06/02/2023 at 01:21, Tom13 said:

No surprise that Mitro has a higher xG. Not saying he's better than Ollie overall but his instincts and attacking positioning are better.

On 31/01/2023 at 09:59, Tom13 said:

I'm not saying he doesn't have strengths, but his weaknesses are glaring. It's not just chances he misses, it's a lot more than that.

On 16/12/2022 at 13:01, Tom13 said:

No certainly not (agreeing with someone saying he's not awful). Just frustrating that he has as many negatives as positives.

On 07/11/2022 at 14:00, Tom13 said:

I did feel like I'd had enough of him after the Newcastle game. Yet here he is, performing well a week later. Hold my hands up, that was an extreme view, but most of what I say about him I stand by. But I do know he has certain very good qualities.

On 07/11/2022 at 10:56, Tom13 said:

The first goal summed him up in a way. Although it was good feet and a very well executed pass, watching it back, he should be playing that pass a second or two earlier. Might sound picky but it can make a difference. Luckily the space was still there to exploit.

I want him to improve and succeed as much as anyone, as I've said, certain aspects of his game are top drawer. It's just the others that need work.

I was most likely wrong to write him off under Unai but that Newcastle performance annoyed the hell outta me.

@bobzy you'd never make a detective ;) But, looking back through my posts, I am repetitive when I go on about what I feel is missing from his game. So I get why it comes across I'm being unnecessarily negative. I genuinely have nothing against him, just get frustrated with certain aspects of his game. That's all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On the first touch thing, I dont think Haaland has a great technique for example the issue is he has so little involvement in the game that his goals brush over it. Watkins on other hand is more involved in our play that he will lose the ball more often because of it so looks worse

I dont think Ollie is that great technically but he isnt as bad as some make out. For me his biggest flaw was finishing one on ones. He doesn't score that Arsenal goal under last regime

Edited by Zatman

56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

@bobzy you'd never make a detective ;) But, looking back through my posts, I am repetitive when I go on about what I feel is missing from his game. So I get why it comes across I'm being unnecessarily negative. I genuinely have nothing against him, just get frustrated with certain aspects of his game. That's all.

Even with posting all that... I can't see a single strength you've stated? ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

So the gist of this thread is, Ollie is

Shit, great, world class, average, a baller, a bellend, wonderful, hard working, industrious, fantastic, a finisher, a barn door misser, superb, extraordinary a right back

And he's on 160k a week like Digne. 

34 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

So the gist of this thread is, Ollie is

Shit, great, world class, average, a baller, a bellend, wonderful, hard working, industrious, fantastic, a finisher, a barn door misser, superb, extraordinary a right back

and 6ft 7" when playing well and 4ft 2" when playing badly.

Also shaves his beard off when he's shit.

49 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Even with posting all that... I can't see a single strength you've stated? ;) 

Really mate? His strengths are that he's a physical beast - stamina, pace, work rate, energy, strength, determination - all in abundance.

Â