Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, WHY said:

Fair but I wouldn’t want Toney anywhere near our club to be honest. Doing that stupid Zulu sign in front of the Holte shows the type of person he is imo. 

Yeah, cause we would rather give our love to Martinez, who put the golden glove trophy on his crotch at one of the biggest events in the world.

I'd take Toney in a heartbeat!

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, cause we would rather give our love to Martinez, who put the golden glove trophy on his crotch at one of the biggest events in the world.

I'd take Toney in a heartbeat!

Not for me but each to their own 👍🏻

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really good game from Ollie today. Loved his finish. Was actually surprised we took him off with 15 minutes left, would've had him on for the full 90.

He looked a little bit tired to me - was a fair enough substitution.

But yeah, yet again he works his arse off and gives us some sort of outlet for the Mings long ball specials. Cracking finish too. 

• Like 1

Playing like he was when he first joined us.  Great finishes for his goals in the last 4 games. And thats really the only criticism you could give him of his game. Bad finishing. But the last month he has been like prime Cam Archer. 

• Like 1

I do have a moan about him pretty often it feels like but can't fault his recent form. Seems like he's got a big boost in confidence that he knows he's the main forward now, was a genuinely super finish today. 

His finishing can be really frustrating at times but the fact is he's basically guaranteed to hit double digits for a 3rd season now. He's the least of our problems. 

• Like 1

Currently hitting his xg for the season (just about) with 7 in 7.75xg. It shows what actually managing him and bringing his confidence out can do. The fact creating enough chances can do because he had 1 in about an ex if 3 under Gerrards 11 games. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Definitely signing sayTammy Abraham would be wasting money, we need a quality forward/winger that can beat a man and create .

I am not Ollie’s biggest admirer I will confess - but fair play he took his goal very well and is it me? But he seems a little more composed/ less hurried so to speak.

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I am not Ollie’s biggest admirer I will confess - but fair play he took his goal very well and is it me? But he seems a little more composed/ less hurried so to speak.

Confidence is a wonderful thing an elite manager believes in his ability and rates him. 

17 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He has been poor and was rightly criticised. Now he's is at his best and being rightly applauded. Like form, fans opinions are allowed to change. 

They are, but there's a difference between criticising a player's form and criticising their ability. Too often on here you see a player have a couple of bad games and then we urgently need to sell them, and then they have a good game and they're the future of the club.

Just makes me laugh. I like Watkins, have always felt his speed and physicality makes him useful even when he doesn't have his finishing boots on. The reality with the Arsenal goal is it was a great run, and beautifully taken in the end, but the touch off Cash's pass was poor. Another game he's fluffing that touch, defender is nicking the ball, and everyone has their pitchforks out.

Feels like opinions are just so extreme all the time. He's a decent mid-table striker who fits Emery's system well. He's never going to win the Ballon d'Or. But he's solid for where we are now, and seems to have responded well to the new manager.

• Like 2

Â