Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Not sure if it's just frustration because his not scored for a while but his body language is concerning and there seems to be a drop off with his work rate compared to last season. Maybe teams have figured out how to play against him but guess this is "second season syndrome". I'd imagine behind the scenes he might not have taken too well to the club bringing in Ings on most likely a lot more money then him. I still expect him to be leading the line next season. 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I absolutely agree ASM was better than Watkins. But the eyes tell that better than the stats imo.

Saint Maximin was getting slaughtered by Waddle on commentary for his wastefulness with the ball

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But he’s always wasteful? Goes past players but it usually ends in nothing, which is why he only gets a few goals and assists each season.

Yep, ASM is one of the most over rated players out there. A slightly better version of Adama Traoré.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I still think he suits our system better than Ings, which is why Gerrard is persisting, but that doesn't matter if he's not performing.

I imagine we'll see Ings from the start in the next game

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Yep, ASM is one of the most over rated players out there. A slightly better version of Adama Traoré.

An higher level version of Trez to me, tries ridiculous stuff, flukey things happen here and there but its all just random madness.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 06:57, Tomaszk said:

Did he? His baby that's about six months old?

That would cause a bit of bad form I'm willing to bet.

i saw a headline but not sure how old it was. it would make a difference if true and  not old news

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

My lad has just shown me his Instagram, apparently has removed all villa stuff from it. Or something.

i dont see anything like that on his Instagram, unless someone can find it.

23 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Anyone else think he might not be getting proper rest/sleeping patterns disturbed with having a five month old to look after?

Yes,  I do.

Combined with the Ings signing, the manager that signed him leaving, and the pressure that's building up after every game he fails to score, or gets shafted by marginal joke VAR decisions, he is probably having a huge mental drain on his life. 

Shows in his frustration during play, which he incorrectly aims at other players. There is a definite psychological burden there, but his physical ability that was shown last season, and most seasons before that is still there.

Hope he gets over it soon or we've got a very expensive paper weight on our hands.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Yes,  I do.

Combined with the Ings signing, the manager that signed him leaving, and the pressure that's building up after every game he fails to score, or gets shafted by marginal joke VAR decisions, he is probably having a huge mental drain on his life. 

Shows in his frustration during play, which he incorrectly aims at other players. There is a definite psychological burden there, but his physical ability that was shown last season, and most seasons before that is still there.

Hope he gets over it soon or we've got a very expensive paper weight on our hands.

Out of likes but good post, same to @TheStagMan.

Ollie is great at a number of things, I'd like to mention his ability to fend off opponents while keeping the ball at his feet. 

I think Bailey will end up being the better player and would like to see Leon start in the striker role, but I would have Ollie above Ings in the ranks still.

On 13/02/2022 at 17:22, gwi1890 said:

Obviously my personal circumstances are different to Ollie but I probably gained focus in my work after becoming a father, and it’s not like he has a full house with kids screaming their heads off is it? He has enough hours in the day and a partner no financial stress and it’s not like he’s the only premier league striker with a newborn.

Everyone's situations are different arent they. Personally I was going into meetings at work exhausted the first year of our sons. Absolutely shattered from getting up through the night.

On the surface of it, he has masses of money like you say but we dont know any about his personal situation.

Edited by turvontour
  • Like 1

I cannot believe some of the comments on here such as “he was rubbish last season” ,utter garbage.

He I not playing well at the moment but it’s not if we have been creating lots of chances for him to miss.

He hasn’t scored for a few games and his confidence is probably very low.I think buying Ings in the summer has affected him.

I don’t know if others remember when we signed Peter Crouch,he had a very slow start,fans started to get on his back .We had to sell him at a loss for 2 million and he ended up at Liverpool and Spurs where his value rose to 12 million.Great business Villa.

With the right team set up and fans behind him I think he can be a very good premier league player as he showed in his first season.

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I cannot believe some of the comments on here such as “he was rubbish last season” ,utter garbage.

He I not playing well at the moment but it’s not if we have been creating lots of chances for him to miss.

He hasn’t scored for a few games and his confidence is probably very low.I think buying Ings in the summer has affected him.

I don’t know if others remember when we signed Peter Crouch,he had a very slow start,fans started to get on his back .We had to sell him at a loss for 2 million and he ended up at Liverpool and Spurs where his value rose to 12 million.Great business Villa.

With the right team set up and fans behind him I think he can be a very good premier league player as he showed in his first season.

Crouch scored on his debut against Newcastle, didn’t he or am I imagining that?

Â