Johan Lange

hippo

So this chap comes in and we sign some belting players...

Makes you wonder what the bloody hell Suso was up to?

I imagine Dean Smith gave him a selection of players he wanted and Suso thought he knew better and tried to get some cheaper equivalents off of Wish!

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I imagine Dean Smith gave him a selection of players he wanted and Suso thought he knew better and tried to get some cheaper equivalents off of Wish!

make no mistake i was in the suso out group. but the strategy last summer was very different to this. he, smith, and purslow did have a really tough job to do last summer: assemble a squad in a short space of time that's going to keep us in the league whilst working to FFP. and they (just) completed their objective. so i do hold some respect for him in the end.

i wonder if the anti-loan policy was driven by suso though perhaps and smith/lange has since changed purslow's mind

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

We signed double the number of players for almost the same amount last season. Our remit was to get numbers in, this season it's quality.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Got some good lads for some good prices but he will forever be defined by our hour of need - Samagoal and Baston.

Shambolic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

make no mistake i was in the suso out group. but the strategy last summer was very different to this. he, smith, and purslow did have a really tough job to do last summer: assemble a squad in a short space of time that's going to keep us in the league whilst working to FFP. and they (just) completed their objective. so i do hold some respect for him in the end.

i wonder if the anti-loan policy was driven by suso though perhaps and smith/lange has since changed purslow's mind

What this guy said.

I think the loan policy is probably sensible and pragmatic, and probably slightly more complex than a headline or tweet.

Barkley - prime age and ability, lets have him. Give's Ramsey a year to develop and us another year to avoid FFP problems.

But we'll develop our own kids, not other teams.

I hope when the window closes and the dust settles that we actually hear something from him, not some soundbites but a decent interview. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on the club, our approach and his objectives.

I kind of respect that he hasn't been in the press and has got on with things but once the window is over it would be nice to find out a little more about him.

• Like 2

Â