Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, jim said:

This is terrible 

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Worst 45 minutes I've ever experienced.

We're going to lose this, we need Everton to sort themselves out big time. 

Absolute rubbish we're holding our own against a better team playing at home.......get a grip ffs!!

• Haha 1

Not at our best today, and a little short on the levels we’ve set over the past few games.

Giving away possession too easily and looking nervous when they push. 

Jack needs to finally step up, and we need to get Trez into action. For me, I would take Samatta off now and get Davis on.

Edited by thunderball

Bournemouth and Watford look like they can score every time they go forward. Having said that Everton look like they can score a few too. 

We are playing very sloppily we can win this. That Fredericks looks dangerous though.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

My guess is we will play for a draw second half and it’ll backfire...

This was what I imagined. I hate to be negative but I can see us making an enormous error to send us down, it’d be just us.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

We just need to score 1 goal and put everyone out their misery.

A feel we will see a more rampant Villa in the 2nd half and put the whole thing to bed.

Let the celebrations commence in 4t minutes folks....

Ok I know I started the 2021 prem thread - but this guy right here is to blame - blame this guy - this guy - not me. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

We just need to score 1 goal and put everyone out their misery.

A feel we will see a more rampant Villa in the 2nd half and put the whole thing to bed.

Let the celebrations commence in 4t minutes folks....

mate...

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Do we leave Samatta on? He’s on a booking but more likely to score than Davies? Or bring on Davies to hold it up? But he won’t score if he gets a chance? Difficult decision 

Davis

In fairness, we’re bound to be a bit cagey and Bournemouth going balls out for the win - that’s the only way they stay up. 

Agree we need to be better in the second half - let’s start by not giving it back so easily. 

I’d have banked on Jack there too - to be fair you’d have backed Antonio earlier in the half too