Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'm genuinely terrified everytime Targett is defending.

Have to replace him when the transfer marked opens.

Isn't he something like 3rd of all full backs for chances created behind TAA and Robertson? 

Modern LB 

• Thanks 1

Think to be fair the goal came against the run of play but it has lifted our performance but we all know there is still a VERY long way to go.

And fair play Trez, oddest player I've ever seen play at this level. 🤔

I've done my bit, I've £35 on Arsenal. Worked in the City game, hope it works for us 🤞

Think Davis for Samatta has got to happen sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

MOTM so far? Trezeguet! He's finally doing the footballer thing. Worked hard off the ball made intelligent runs and that goal was sublime. Positioning and intelligence with a clinical finish. 

Credit to Dean Smith for the change in formation. I'm his biggest critic but he was proactive with that tweak during the game. They were all over us until that change. We're still doing that Villa thing of closing down but not tackling a lol too often for.my liking but for once our middle third is pressing with intensity.

The build up to the goal was exactly what I was saying in the build up to the game we can bully them and hence why I would have gone with Davis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Samatta is like playing with 10 men.

What does he offer? Another Wesley performance.

Wesley is 10x the player Samatha is. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheAuthority said:

To be fair we haven't been playing that badly of late we're just so mentally fragile. We certainly play better than Watford & Bournemouth.

Very much agreed. The mental component seems to be there more than earlier in the season. The real test remains though; to keep on playing properly (avoiding the mental trap where we go defensive and scared) throughout the second half, even if we (hopefully) have the lead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

We'll lose this if he isn't taken off at half-time. Surely Smith can see this. Even Lansbury would offer more. 

Yeah he was alibi playing towards the end. Like Whelan used to do towards the end for us. 

Almost took the positions he should be taking, almost covering the ground he should be covering and pointing a lot at the areas that were left open by him not quite doing what he should.

Not hating on him, he's been out injured for 6 months and is clearly not fit yet. But it makes me nervous with the gaps he's leaving.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Is it ok that I'm shaking and my extremities are freezing cold?

Perfectly fine, if the shooting pain down your left arm reaches your little finger it's time for a big whisky

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1