Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Lions we are currently not. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4794aca0ad7725517a8f

I would say we need to throw caution to the wind now and throw the kitchen sink at them.  Sadly, the kitchen sink is made of paper.

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The only problem is that Davis is allergic to scoring.

Compare them. One is more useful.

Samatta loses the ball and can't score.

Davis keeps the ball, brings others into play and can't score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

McGinn is our least affective player, if anyone comes off it should be him . Question is Elgahzi or Davies , I would go with Davies as he would cause the young Everton defender real problems

Wouldnt go with neither Ghazi or Davis, teams know how to Nulify them, need to bring someone in who they are not used to,really would give Vasilev a go and fetch Samatta off.

Midfielders rushing things individually, trying to force it. More patience needed to let the rest of them get up to support. Maybe time for Davis since he can hold the ball up, but even less chance of him scoring. A real dilemma.

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Davis won’t offer nothing when he comes on apart from holding the ball up, he’s never in the box and when he is he’s always a yard or 2 behind play when the ball comes into the box

Agree with that gets away with being busy and strong but positionally not even close 

Just now, Rolta said:

Oh I know. It's a sad predicament indeed. Davis is more effective imo.

Against an Everton side that started strong and looked very dangerous, we've really, really come into the game for the latter 30 minutes of that half. I'm proud of them.

Keep it going, keep getting forward as a team so we've got options and maintain ball retention, so we determine player positioning and importantly, keep Everton off the ball.

Once in the final third, we're going to create chances, or at least force Everton to clearances which we have a good chance to win back immediately as they're behind the ball.

This way we're giving ourselves multiple opportunities for one of us, or a few of our guys, to create a passage of play with enough quality to put one in for a goal. 

Edited by A'Villan

I think there's a good player in Samatta but it looks like he has absolutely no confidence at all, and he's not in tune with the rest of the side (understandable at this point). Therefore, he's offering very little.

Douglas Luiz our best player by a mile yet again.

Grealish needs to step it up more. We know what he's capable of and he's been threatening in flashes but too slow to make decisions at points.

I've been extremely critical of Trezeguet in the past, and he's given the ball away a lot again today. However, his energy and unpredictability could still produce something - as we saw against Palace - so I don't agree with calls to hook him at all.

Elmo's looking solid (touch wood).

Just now, Rolta said:

This. Davis offers something. Not enough, but still something. Samatta doesn't offer anything at all. 

Would love him to shut me up, but I would start Davis ahead of him every day of the week. 

• Like 1