New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

Terry isn't getting the Villa job and our owners will have no intention of giving it to him, makes no sense whatsoever. I'll say this Terry is more likely to be the small heath manager next season than our manager.

If Smith resigned tommorow who would the bookies list as favourite:-

Hughton 2-1

Terry 3-1

Clough 10-1

Dyche 16-1

Rafa 20-1 

Graham Potter 25-1

David Moyes 40-1

Martin o Neil 66-1

Poch 70-1

If Smith resigned tomorrow then Terry would probably get it until the end of the season as there wouldn't be time to appoint anyone else, if there was Smith would have already been sacked, and if Terry  performed a miracle and kept us up he'd have a chance of getting it on a permanent basis. But Smith won't resign before the end of the season so that's not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

If Smith resigned tommorow who would the bookies list as favourite:-

Hughton 2-1

Terry 3-1

Clough 10-1

Dyche 16-1

Rafa 20-1 

Graham Potter 25-1

David Moyes 40-1

Martin o Neil 66-1

Poch 70-1

Martin O'Neill back would be nostalgic as hell.

But then again he has turned into a crap manager who doesn't seem to have adapted to the modern game.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Dyche would turn this place around, but he's a slow burner of a coach. Hard work is his mantra, doesn't suffer fools easy. No pissy excuses when they get beaten. I like that. Villa should be putting out the feelers now. I think he would be interested to speak to Purslow despite both teams league positions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Looking further afield at what might be attainable and available and I wouldn't be unhappy with Mark Van Bommel. Didn't do a whole lot wrong at PSV and would get us playing decent football while bringing through youth.

The Eredivise is utterly useless. Can't and shouldn't at all be used to gauge how good a manager is.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 14:00, Reivax_Villa said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on Roberto Martinez?

he turned us down when we were PL mainstays, why would he come to us if we were in the Championship? 

Blimey, I just looked him up and he's only 46. feels like he's been around a while. 

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Might be uninspiring but I'd be happy with Paul Cook.

I really like Cook but think Villa job might be a step too far. Good guy plays good football but think his persona would be more for a British core of players than our squad

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who was that Huddersfield manager that was touted as the next Klopp?

No wins in the last 15 games for Schalke with an impressive 7 goals in that time, Huddersfield couldnt buy a goal either. He is about as much like Klopp as Tony Pulis is

Really don't know who now but I do feel that with our recruitment issues being as they are we really do need to find a way to recruit a big name with pull in the transfer market. We appear to struggle to get top caliber players to sign contracts here. We get some on loan, Tuanzebe, Abraham etc but when it comes to signing a contract they don't and would rather be on the bench at Old Trafford or Stamford bridge. I just feel a big name would be able to pull in some better players and would help them stick around instead of using us as some 3rd rate fitness club and then doing one.

Who? I haven't a clue but with the clout these owners have you would think they could find a way?

At least we will know early (Well, as early as mid July could possibly be) that it's the Championship next season so you would hope it gives us an extra week or two to prepare now and hopefully catch a jump on who we are after, if we indeed are looking to change it which i have serious doubts over.

I very much assume the club is approaching some ridiculous targets - Pochettino etc - and likely getting knocked back. If one of them says yes we can cut Smith loose and go for them. But let’s not sack Smith then start a recruitment process. Big clubs always have the man lined up before any change for obvious reasons - then you are comparing apples and apples when you make the decision.