New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

John Terry replaces Dean Smith.

That could be interesting I suppose, I mean he is an excellent leader and now with an attachment to the club. Wouldn't mind that if Smith was sacked. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What some fans would like to see:-  A new CEO, a new Sporting Director and a "punching above our weight" coach/managerial appointment. 

What the most likely outcome will be:-  Purslow keeps his role, Jesus resigns and John Terry replaces Dean Smith.

You can just see it now...

Susso is toast Imo - DS will also follow him out of the door . JT might be plan B - should the manager hunt go pear shaped.

There's no chance whatsoever that Terry will get the Villa job, no way Smith will get the sack only to be replaced by someone who also played a key in the failure of this season. Only chance Terry had was if Smith went before the end of the season and he was given the job in a caretaker capacity because of no other options, but that possibility has gone now. Quite a few reports that he's put his name forward for the Bristol CIty job, I don't think he will get it but wouldn't surpise me if it's true because he knows he will be leaving us in the summer.

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think only Brian Little replacing big Ron was the only manager "lined up" I've known in over 45 years of following the villa.

I can already sense the next manager hunt turning into a farce - there's no obvious candidate - and time is short .....sacking DS as soon as relegation is confirmed and *hopefully* things will move swiftly after that.

History would suggest you’re right, I’ve suffered for as long as you, in fact a little longer. However in amongst all the lows there have been some incredible highs so I live in hope that perhaps somehow we’ll one day soon stumble on the right formula. I feel for the poor lads who weren’t around in the late 70s early 80s. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

History would suggest you’re right, I’ve suffered for as long as you, in fact a little longer. However in amongst all the lows there have been some incredible highs so I live in hope that perhaps somehow we’ll one day soon stumble on the right formula. I feel for the poor lads who weren’t around in the late 70s early 80s. 

My first match was div 3 game against Walsall in 1970 - we drew 0-0 !

I remember we got promoted to div 2 beating Torquay 5-1 and a certain Brian little scoring on his debut.

I asked my dad if we would get promoted for to the first division - he said it might a take while but the club was on the right track. Under 10 years later - we were league champions....

Are we on the right track now ? Really not sure.

Just now, hippo said:

My first match was div 3 game against Walsall in 1970 - we drew 0-0 !

I remember we got promoted to div 2 beating Torquay 5-1 and a certain Brian little scoring on his debut.

I asked my dad if we would get promoted for to the first division - he said it might a take while but the club was on the right track. Under 10 years later - we were league champions....

Are we on the right track now ? Really not sure.

Wrexham in the 3rd division was my first game. A dizzy 10 years to follow. I’d love a bit of that now!

As to being on the right track now, I’m no more sure than you. 

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wait. I thought Terry were going to Bristol?

The villa board held a 4 hour meeting with him trying to convince him that villa was the better option - apparently he wasn't totally convinced.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

The villa board held a 4 hour meeting with him trying to convince him that villa was the better option - apparently he wasn't totally convinced.

When was this?

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he is offered a manager role why would he stay here?