New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

The difference is that JT was at the end of his career and Pochettino isn’t anywhere near the end of his. I’m not saying it’s impossible to get him if we stay up and write a big enough cheque. Unlikely though. 

No I get that Dave.

There would have been a small cluster that would have told you you're on drugs for even thinking Terry would drop a division and play for us.

I'm not saying we will attract Pochettino here anytime soon but I would hope as a club we are setting our sights on someone of that calibre when it comes to hiring the next man whenever that day arises.

Sadly, as it's already been mentioned we will probably get another yes man in the door who fits the Purslow mould.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Marcelo Gallardo Marcelo Gallardo Marcelo Gallardo Marcelo Gallardo Marcelo Gallardo Marcelo Gallardo. 

Keep repeating until you believe. 

Do you think he would succeed outside South America?

If you look at Marco Bielsa he had managed teams in Italy and Spain before joining Leeds.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Do you think he would succeed outside South America?

If you look at Marco Bielsa he had managed teams in Italy and Spain before joining Leeds.

I think he will. Every manager, player , coach appointment is a gamble. However I believe he has the capability to succeed at Aston Villa. The players though will be in for a rude awakening as the intensity will go beyond Liverpool's. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think he will. Every manager, player , coach appointment is a gamble. However I believe he has the capability to succeed at Aston Villa. The players though will be in for a rude awakening as the intensity will go beyond Liverpool's. 

So he plays a similar way as Bielsa?

Like it.

Language barrier might be an issue but i guess it worked out for Pochettino and Bielsa 

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So he plays a similar way to Bielsa?

Like it.

He is one of the Bielsa 'disciples' as in their management style and playing style is based on him Pep is one of them. Unlike Bielsa he rotates and doesn't burn out his players. 

Whilst Dean Smith wasn't my choice I wasn't reluctant to him taking over. Under Walsall and Brentford I saw his team's have good pressing and lots of energy. In too many games this season we haven't been energetic enough.  Against Liverpool (at anfield) I saw that we can do it as we did it for large parts of the game. But it may be too little too late.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Really? Why?

He relegated Wigan.

Ultimately failed at Everton although he started well.

He is similar to Smith i think. His teams are pretty on the eye but ultimately concedes too many goals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

He (Gallardo), is linked to the Barcelona job. So hopefully he’s the kind of bloke who likes a proper challenge at a proper football club. 

Oh man. Swanky tapas bar or a greasy kebab on Witton Lane. Barca have got no chance.

• Haha 1

If we are keeping smith because he got us promoted last season - but he isn't the only guy who can get clubs out of this division - I  believe Chris Houghton has done it more times - and is available.