New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Dream team with Pepe as DOF. Make it happen Villa!!

He doesn't really have much experience as a DOF but had a great career at Real amd Porto and for Portugal. Might piss Mendes off though 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He doesn't really have much experience as a DOF but had a great career at Real amd Porto and for Portugal. Might piss Mendes off though 😉

Save that post for Villalad when he wants him sacked 20 minutes into our first game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I respect Dyche but i'd prefer a more attacking manager.

Someone like Hassenhuttl

Burnley are 6 goals inferior to Southampton.....but have won more games with a tighter defence.

Sean has a slightly better win ratio than Ralph at their respective clubs, not overall though.....Ralph had a decent record at Leipzig.

both had good seasons, under the circumstances.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m glad none of you guys or me pick the manager, it would be a disaster.

Its rare to get a unanimous shout......I guess O'Neill was the closest in recent times and that ended well.

its a gamble, always is, in our position.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Burnley are 6 goals inferior to Southampton.....but have won more games with a tighter defence.

Sean has a slightly better win ratio than Ralph at their respective clubs, not overall though.....Ralph had a decent record at Leipzig.

Fair enough.

They can score goals but still not pretty on the eye.

But i think it's right what you say that we need a manager, not a head coach.

Problem is big and strong characters who are demanding doesn't go well with Purslow.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fair enough.

They can score goals but still not pretty on the eye.

But i think it's right what you say that we need a manager, not a head coach.

Problem is big and strong characters who are demanding doesn't go well with Purslow.

Then we will be waiting a long time for success.

all the ducks have to be in a row.....If Purslow, keeps sticking his oar in to the football matters, it will be a long time coming.

Its hard enough for football people to get it right, when financiers start telling us who we should buy, a different agenda ,gets generated.......it is part of the process, but the manager has to shape the team......if they don't listen to him, he shouldn't be appointed, whoever they are.

Sure, we need hard nosed negotiators, but judging by last summer, we could hardly claim that.

back to your point about pretty on the eye.......you have to have the players to do that and they might not be the same ones who will get you points, initially........The first priority is points, once that is established, the veneer can be added later.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Its rare to get a unanimous shout......I guess O'Neill was the closest in recent times and that ended well.

its a gamble, always is, in our position.

It did? What did he achieve

He spent a lot more money and finished same position as David O'Leary for the same position

6 hours ago, TRO said:

'sean' also got relegated in his first season in the premier league.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I respect Dyche but i'd prefer a more attacking manager.

Someone like Hassenhuttl

Someone like Hassenhuttl who you would've wanted sacked after losing 9-0 at home and really struggling at the start of this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2