New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Marsch probably is gettable. I don't think he's gonna get much credit in the bank winning trophies with RB Salzburg in a one horse league with their wealth, players etc. Just iffy with American managers, call it the snob in me. Rose ? Not a hope of getting him. Leeds are proof of the importance of acquiring a world class coach.

I’m American and it’s not a snob comment. Marsch is not even remotely on the same planet as the other managers we would consider. And tbf, I’m a MLS and USMNT supporter. He’s literally done nothing to warrant consideration at this moment in time. However, I do think he’s got the makings of being a good manager in a top 4 league. Let him go to a club like Stuttgart or Schalke and prove it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

I’m American and it’s not a snob comment. Marsch is not even remotely on the same planet as the other managers we would consider. And tbf, I’m a MLS and USMNT supporter. He’s literally done nothing to warrant consideration at this moment in time. However, I do think he’s got the makings of being a good manager in a top 4 league. Let him go to a club like Stuttgart or Schalke and prove it. 

Even berhalter looked and sounded very impressive when he got the USMNT gig in the beginning. Lot of rumblings of discontent with him and his ability to get the best from them. I totally agree. The Austrian league is very weak. Marsch's name has grown because of the famous team talk he gave in the CL game against Liverpool and they nearly came back. Well, guess what - Samatta scored against Liverpool in the CL and he looks rubbish.

7 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

The problem is if he goes to Stuttgart and Schalke and does a great job then he has probably gone our of our league then

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The problem is if he goes to Stuttgart and Schalke and does a great job then he has probably gone our of our league then

That's a fair point. Rose was at Salzburg, obviously is the real deal and done wonders now at Monchengladbach. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I can guarantee that we are way more attractive than bar 15 clubs in the world ATM. I base that on Money available. Top 6 PL , Bayern, PSG , Real and Barca RB Leipzig (apparently red bull wanted Villa too) and Newcastle ( if the Saud's buy them) , Leeds (if the Qataris buy them). We are genuinely attractive for any managers coming in. Probably except Rafa because of his jilted ex lover tiff thing with Purslow. 

We are so so close to breaking the cartel. Just one appointment away. 

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

As is the best coach /manager/ squad picker guy in the world currently - Pep Guardiola.

As is Pocchetino and Diego Simeone

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I can guarantee that we are way more attractive than bar 15 clubs in the world ATM. I base that on Money available. Top 6 PL , Bayern, PSG , Real and Barca RB Leipzig (apparently red bull wanted Villa too) and Newcastle ( if the Saud's buy them) , Leeds (if the Qataris buy them). We are genuinely attractive for any managers coming in. Probably except Rafa because of his jilted ex lover tiff thing with Purslow. 

We are so so close to breaking the cartel. Just one appointment away. 

Atletico, Juventus, Inter, Milan, Napoli, Dortmund maybe even Schalke(a huge sleeping giant) and Lyon as well

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Simeone at Villa. It would be us against the World but we'd be so horrible to play against.

Don't see our owners matching his £40m a year salary he has at Atletico Madrid sadly :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Atletico, Juventus, Inter, Milan, Napoli, Dortmund maybe even Schalke(a huge sleeping giant) and Lyon as well

I think we're richer than those? Correct me if I'm wrong though. Exception being Atletico and Juve?? 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Don't see our owners matching his £40m a year salary he has at Atletico Madrid sadly :D 

The fu***!!!! I'd expect better than 3rd for that much. Rather keep Smith.

Edited by Sulberto21

Just now, Zatman said:

Simeone would have killed his players if they gave us a goal back 😂

Yeah I remember reading an article where he slated that decision :D 

Sampoli but he seems to be better at international management. Although he got close ish with Sevilla. There's Matias Almeyda but he's lost his way and is in America ATM. 

However the Premier League is the toughest league to manage in. So any foreign manager will be a risk. Language barrier, culture etc is different. Obviously British managers are a risk too. 

On a personal level I sincerely hope Dean Smith keeps us up and then he deserves a chance to take us forward. However if we can get one of the top guys in then we should. It's a cutthroat business unfortunately and I don't see Dean Smith having the necessary scruples to take us further than lower midtable every season.