New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

Andreas Villas Boas(Portuguese)....42 y/o in a 2 year contract at Marseille.....has an overall  win an ratio of 59% over 394 games From 7 clubs.

Learnt a lot from his Chelsea experience.

Serial Winner.

the same Villas Boas that needed Sherwood to clean up his mess and his stats are padded by managing a brilliant Porto team with Moutinho and Falcao for an unbeaten season

We've gone the attacking football route and we have to stick with it.

Dyche absolutely not.

You can't just get a totally different type of manager every 2 seasons who wants completely different type of players. Having to rebuild every 2 seasons.

No way. Need an attacking coach that is better than Smith. A coach with more pedigree and experience at the top level.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, picicata said:

If there is one thing supporting Villa for 35 years has taught me is that any manager we choose will be, at best, disappointing or, at worst, completely useless. 

It's the Villa way

Even more so if they are considered exceptional before joining.

14 hours ago, TRO said:

managers like him and Rudi Garcia or Vincenzo Montella, those are the ones we should be courting.

The same Vincenzo montella who won 6 out of 27 games in his last position at fiorentina? And 11 in 28 and Sevilla before that. 2 huge clubs.

The same Rudi Garcia that is manager at lyon, 7th in ligue 1. He took over in October. They finished 3rd last year. I don't know the circumstances but doesn't seem particularly impressive to me. His win record there in a very Mickey mouse league is less than impressive too. 

Andre-villas boas, failed at Chelsea. I like the way you say 'learnt alot'. (Would you say the same about Smith?) He got sacked by spurs a couple of years later too. Done ok first season. Finished 3rd. Then, after a summer transfer window which included wonder players such as Vlad chiriches, nacer chadli, paulinho, soldado and capoue (we all know how the best managers are the be all and end all in transfers 😜), his team were 7th and losing games 6-0 to man city and 0-5 home to Liverpool. Hugely struggling. Was this backwards curve part of what he learnt at Chelsea?? Hes managed some big clubs in lesser nations and got a decent record because of that. He's failed at his 2 biggest jobs. 

SERIAL WINNER.

I guess, just shows how difficult it is to get the correct manager.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 2

Also, just had a quick look.

Rudi Garcia, Andre-Villas Boas and Remi Garde all have similar win percentages in France. Gardes is very slightly lower but it's a over a much longer period so skews it a bit. Do we want a Garde mk II?

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

This summer was the most Brentford ever spent in a transfer window by a huge distance

Not in terms of net spend.

19/20 negative net spend £8m.

18/19 negative net spend £25.5m.

17/18 negative net spend £8.5m.

Their model is always very similar, bring in more than you spend, the summer just gone was very much in line with 17/18.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

The same Vincenzo montella who won 6 out of 27 games in his last position at fiorentina? And 11 in 28 and Sevilla before that. 2 huge clubs.

The same Rudi Garcia that is manager at lyon, 7th in ligue 1. He took over in October. They finished 3rd last year. I don't know the circumstances but doesn't seem particularly impressive to me. His win record there in a very Mickey mouse league is less than impressive too. 

Andre-villas boas, failed at Chelsea. I like the way you say 'learnt alot'. (Would you say the same about Smith?) He got sacked by spurs a couple of years later too. Done ok first season. Finished 3rd. Then, after a summer transfer window which included wonder players such as Vlad chiriches, nacer chadli, paulinho, soldado and capoue (we all know how the best managers are the be all and end all in transfers 😜), his team were 7th and losing games 6-0 to man city and 0-5 home to Liverpool. Hugely struggling. Was this backwards curve part of what he learnt at Chelsea?? Hes managed some big clubs in lesser nations and got a decent record because of that. He's failed at his 2 biggest jobs. 

SERIAL WINNER.

I guess, just shows how difficult it is to get the correct manager.

It is difficult to get the correct manager......but with a 59 % win ratio overall taking in all your selective quotes, he must be doing something right.....the other 2 are well rated in Europe too.

you say a mickey mouse league, but we fell over our bootlaces to sign players from it a few seasons back.....we have now switched to another league much the same, to do a similar thing.

My choice would actually be Sean Dyche, but no doubt that would not fit the spectacle that some crave.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is difficult to get the correct manager......but with a 59 % win ratio overall taking in all your selective quotes, he must be doing something right.....the other 2 are well rated in Europe too.

you say a mickey mouse league, but we fell over our bootlaces to sign players from it a few seasons back.....we have now switched to another league much the same, to do a similar thing.

My choice would actually be Sean Dyche, but no doubt that would not fit the spectacle that some crave.

The same manager relegated in his first season in the prem league who was given a chance to build something even after relegation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The same manager relegated in his first season in the prem league who was given a chance to build something even after relegation. 

I think it's strange to compare such different managers.

Dyche's style of football is more suited for survival. 

Smith wants to go head to head and dominate games. And as we've seen that simply won't work very well as a newly promoted team. Potter is a more valid comparison.

Even if he manage getting us promoted again we would see a similar season to this one. Smith's teams doesn't defend very well, that's the main problem.