New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

• Premier League
  • La Liga
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Ligue 1
  • Premeira Liga
  • Eredivisie

Eresdivisie. No chance. Not better than championship. Anyone claiming that aren't watching it. 

Premeira ditto. They both got a few good teams and decent players, but the rest of the league is a pile of shit. Not even close to the Championship. Miles apart in quality. Quite baffled it's even suggested. 

The 4 big ones for sure. Possibly Ligue 1 as well, though I'm personally not sure about that. 

Which leads us to 5th or 6th, which is what I said. 

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

These poll options are embarrassing.

Welcome...  

Sorry the poll has not been designed to suit you and my sincere apologies for leaving out Tony Mowbray, Gary Monk, Mark Warburton, Alan Pardew & Co.

I'll remember for next time though.   😘

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

Mourinho 10/1 for the boot. Could him and Terry do bits at Villa? Would he be welcome? Depending on survival of course. 

Yes. But he would never come here.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes. But he would never come here.

Nah, maybe not. Why not do you think? Financially we could compete, but is it too much work for a manager like him? Is he more of a “take over a good team and tinker“ type? Villa / Birmingham just not glam enough? 

Both Smith and Suso cannot stay. At least one must go.

If Purslow is doing his job properly he should have a list drafted and ready to go with three or four replacements for both ready to approach.

31 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

louis van gaal would be a good long term , 

big sam i think would improve villa in many ways 

Van Gaal too old

We can't go for Big Sam long term. We've gone for the attacking football route and need to stick with it. Get someone in who can improve what Dean has tried to do.

Edited by villalad21

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Welcome...  

Sorry the poll has not been designed to suit you and my sincere apologies for leaving out Tony Mowbray, Gary Monk, Mark Warburton, Alan Pardew & Co.

I'll remember for next time though.   😘

My point was that without knowing who’s available and which division we’ll be in, most of these options are going to be either unattainable or a backwards step.

How are we supposed to vote on this list? Clearly Pochettino is the best option, but is he realistic? 

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

My point was that without knowing who’s available and which division we’ll be in, most of these options are going to be either unattainable or a backwards step.

How are we supposed to vote on this list? Clearly Pochettino is the best option, but is he realistic? 

What about the Jesse Marsch at Red Bull Salzburg? I watched them in CL this season and they play good football.

I may be a bit biased towards him though :) 

I think Dyche would be our best option,because he has experiance of the championship as well as the PL and with more $$$ to spend he should be able to do better than he has at Burnley and its not as if they are struggling is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

I think Dyche would be our best option,because he has experiance of the championship as well as the PL and with more $$$ to spend he should be able to do better than he has at Burnley and its not as if they are struggling is it.

This isn't really a squad suited to Sean Dyche.

Would have to rebuild the entire team. Again.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Please....just No!

• Thanks 1

I stick to my guns

we need to bring a pragmatic manager with the personality to handle the crowd and club at Villa, theyre the guys who do the best work here...….. Big Ron, GT, BL & JG, MON

Its not ideal, its not fantastically pretty for all the purists who want us to play like Brazil 1970, but its the only thing that works for us...….. 

And don't start with the "the games moved on"...………………. it really hasn't, last I saw it was still 11 v 11 with one ball...………… take Chelsea for example, id say the general concencus is they play "good football"  but if you watch them, they play across the back 4 to the full back and launch 80 yard balls into the corner for the widemen to get onto...……….……. its all MON was doing 15 years ago...…… not that much has changed, it just sounds good to say it has to keep shit pundits shoving the sky narrative that the product theyre actually pedalling is any good, when in truth the game is **** shit now...……… I only watch out of pure habit, as there is little to no enjoyment from the modern game these days

On 05/07/2020 at 12:56, villalad21 said:

What about the Jesse Marsch at Red Bull Salzburg? I watched them in CL this season and they play good football.

I may be a bit biased towards him though :) 

Would he leave the red bull eco system as no doubt will be lined up to be the next Leipzig boss? Interesting shout and highly rated and a great motivator and tactician. 

Edited by thabucks

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Would he leave the red bull eco system as no doubt will be lined up to be the next Leipzig boss? Interesting shout and highly rated and a great motivator and tactician. 

Nagelsmann is a better manager so doubt RB Leipzig want to lose him soon. So Marsch probably wants go elsewhere