New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In an ideal world, who would you like to see appointed?

Pep Guardiola with Klopp as his assistant and the ghost of Brian Clough as first team coach

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry i dont buy that argument. Chelsea will always be his club just just like how villa ia for taylor. But that doesnt strike me that JT doesnt care. He is always promoting us in social media and i see him barking the orders more than smith on touchline. Giving huddle talks etc.

Terry is good to keep for the club due to level of players ha can attract. I wouldnt want him as amanger not yet anyway needs more experience. I think he will leave anyway in next few years if he doesnt go with Smith as i can see him getting offers for ither jobs

Who are these level of players Terry can attract? Trezeguet, Hause, Drinkwater

15 hours ago, KH** said:

I like the way Wenger and Pochettino have been included in the poll, for what I assume is the comedy value 

Nicely done wasn't it!?  :lol:

Sorry I didn't appease most of our fan base with the inclusion of Nigel Adkins and co.

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nicely done wasn't it!?  :lol:

Sorry I didn't appease most of our fan base with the inclusion of Nigel Adkins and co.

Same as Big Sam, Dyche and Hughton as comedy value at the other end.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who are these level of players Terry can attract? Trezeguet, Hause, Drinkwater

Tammy abraham who wouldnt have come without terry 

Trezeguet 😂😂😂 that was absolutely a suso/smith signing

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy abraham who wouldnt have come without terry 

Trezeguet 😂😂😂 that was absolutely a suso/smith signing

Terry wasn't at Villa when Tammy signed 

When Rafa went to the barcodes the first thing he changed was the mentality.  Every time he bumped in to his players he would start talking about discipline.  He would go through the tactical aspects of the game. 

The players hated training with him but at the end of the sessions they loved it because they learnt so much about the game. They hated it because it was hard. It was challenging.  Their fitness improved and also their mentality improved.  They became incredibly hard to beat.

He put in mottos around the players' areas. Bruce came in and took down everything. The players enjoy training now. My brother is a die hard barcode fan and works somewhere he can get these nuggets of information. 

Imagine our current squad with Benitez.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 10:57, Stevo985 said:

But we’d have a far better squad this time around. 

And we’d have a LOT of money to replace Jack with a quality Chanpionship midfielder. Let’s go out and buy Knockaert for example. He’s consistently one of the best players in the championship. 

People are taking like we’d drop down, lose our best players and not sign anyone. 

Smith did well at Brentford, got us promoted. I don’t know why people don’t think he could get one of the best squads in the league, which I think we’d have, promoted again

We also had a good squad last time around, but were stuck in mid-table until Grealish came back, we all agree we won't have him, or someone of that quality to do that next time.

Mings, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Abraham were all in that team where Smith could only win 2 out of 13 games, I just see it being play-offs at best if he stays, and I want to aim for Top 2 given we'd have a large budget like you say.

I'm finding myself questioning how well he did at Brentford finishing 9th and 10th for 3 seasons, when they have carried on with the same model and are now 3rd. Maybe he was just average.

33 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

We also had a good squad last time around, but were stuck in mid-table until Grealish came back, we all agree we won't have him, or someone of that quality to do that next time.

Mings, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Abraham were all in that team where Smith could only win 2 out of 13 games, I just see it being play-offs at best if he stays, and I want to aim for Top 2 given we'd have a large budget like you say.

I'm finding myself questioning how well he did at Brentford finishing 9th and 10th for 3 seasons, when they have carried on with the same model and are now 3rd. Maybe he was just average.

This summer was the most Brentford ever spent in a transfer window by a huge distance

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Our squad did better this time round. 
and last time Smith was cleaning up the mess left by Bruce. We had one centre back ffs and he was injured. 

A better squad that’s settled with a settled manager. Like I said it’s night and day. 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 11:02, Laughable Chimp said:

But we won't have Jack. I don't think this can be emphasized enough. He was absolutely crucial to our record breaking victories and I think its reasonable to be concerned the second time around without him. I wouldn't say our squad is that much better just because of losing him. 

Plus, I thought the narrative around our squad was that its shit? Our squad is apparently so shit that relegation shouldn't be surprising yet apparently its so great that we should walk the championship?

Norwich say hi.

Andreas Villas Boas(Portuguese)....42 y/o in a 2 year contract at Marseille.....has an overall  win an ratio of 59% over 394 games From 7 clubs.

Learnt a lot from his Chelsea experience.

Serial Winner.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How is his defensive record?

Don't know, not checked......but he has won 234 games in 394 outings.....and not at 1 club, which means he does it, just about everwhere he goes.....That covers a lot of criteria he must get right.

That is a huge thing to be interested in, IMO.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Don't know, not checked......but he has won 234 games in 394 outings.....and not at 1 club, which means he does it, just about everwhere he goes.....That covers a lot of criteria he must get right.

That is a huge thing to be interested in, IMO.

Well he's got Villa in his name...

Maybe it is meant to be.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Well he's got Villa in his name...

Maybe it is meant to be.

managers like him and Rudi Garcia or Vincenzo Montella, those are the ones we should be courting.