New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

44 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I feel, certainly in my lifetime...…. the best managers Villa get are the most pragmatic ones, the bigger personality who can handle the club and the crowd...……… Im taking Ron Atkinson, GT, Little/Gregory and ONeill

I feel we need this kind of personality as they "Fit"

If we go down, I wouldn't be against ONeill coming back or a Big Sam if we stay up...……….. might not be the most glamorous,  but think they could handle the club

Whenever I launch into thinking "Deano should go", some of the suggestions I see make me want to do a rethink.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The same O'Neill who flopped at Forest and before that Sunderland. The same O'Neill that doesnt let his full backs pass the ball inside because its not old school

I have heard shocking suggestions but that is the tip. Im sorry

To be fair he could've suggested Harry Redknapp.

• Haha 3

None of the managers I’m aware of really inspire me, admittedly my knowledge of up and coming managers is limited. I would have Ancelotti but he’s no longer available. If the club do get rid of smith then I hope they have someone lined up with real pedigree at a larger club. 

• Like 1

If Leicester's bad form continues Brendan Rodgers might become available. I don't think they'll sack him after this season, but if they fail to get into the champions league and then get off to a bad start next campaign then they'd probably make a change, as they can be quite ruthless.

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

What a waste of time, putting up a thread about a position that isn’t even available. 

Yeah. Bit weird way to support the club and a manager that got us promoted 

That's like saying it's a waste of time having a transfer thread before a player has been signed, or pre-match thread before a game has been played, or a relegation thread before we've been relegated. There's a new manager thread because there's speculation that Smith could lose his job and it's something that could very well happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Sean Dyche makes a lot more sense than those calling Eddie Howe.

Dyche has done a much better job results wise than Howe despite having less resources to work with.  Howe has been heavily backed by the owner where Dyche is being undermined and kept on a short financial leash.

Would Dyche be the man to take us further not sure.  Might be a bit like ONeill whose ceiling was 6th despite spenmding huge amounts of money.  Depends if he could grow himself to cope with the higher status of player you would need to break through.

I have a suspicion he would....7 years at Burnley has given him a lot of experience, and he signs pragmatic players, that give you a shift.

Just because Dyche has done well for Burnley it doesn't mean to say he's the right manager for us, appointing him wouldn't be that much different from appointing Pullis when he was doing well with Stoke, or Allardyce when he was doing well with Bolton.

We've been down the road of giving the job to managers that have done well at smaller clubs with the idea of 'if they can do well at those clubs imagine what they coud do at a club with more money', several times before, you could put all of Bruce, Lambert, Smith and McLeish in that category, and ultimately it hasn't worked out.

I don't think there's much point in getting rid of Smith unless it's to try something new, or to give it to a manager that's undoubtedly better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

I feel, certainly in my lifetime...…. the best managers Villa get are the most pragmatic ones, the bigger personality who can handle the club and the crowd...……… Im taking Ron Atkinson, GT, Little/Gregory and ONeill

I feel we need this kind of personality as they "Fit"

If we go down, I wouldn't be against ONeill coming back or a Big Sam if we stay up...……….. might not be the most glamorous,  but think they could handle the club

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

*vomits uncontrollably*

disgusted team america GIF

• Like 1

Martin ******** O’Neil!! 

What’s wrong with people?!?

Having said that I’m going to contradict myself and say I wouldn’t be totally against Big Sam! He gets a bad rep but he knows a player. Used to enjoy watching his Bolton team back in the day. 

Plus he’s dodgy as ****! What’s the saying..nice guys always finish last. We need a ****. Not just any old **** though. One that knows what he’s doing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dyche would be a shit appointment for both parties, he would crap his pants here as club would ask too much from him.

Bruceball Part 2

Dyche would be  great appointment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche would be  great appointment 

so was Paul Lambert apparently and Steve Bruce

Dyche would be an absolute disaster

Funnily enough you said the other day you didnt want a British manager but now Dyche will be great

• Haha 1