Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people comparing us to Chelsea and Man City, one we don't produce as many good academy players as they do, two their first team squads are better than ours, and they have much better scope to bring in World Class players, they sell their top youth players because they're in much less need of them than us, we aren't on their level yet, so that comparison doesn't make sense, just seems like people think that because Man City do it then it must be a good thing, wihtout actually looking at the bigger picture, Man CIty doing it has no bearing on whether it would be good for us or not, as their first team and thefore the pathway for young players has completely different dynamic to ours, they also sell the likes of Torres, Mahrez and so on, doesn't mean if we had such players we should be selling them because Man City do.

If we really need to sell a player for FFP purposes then it should be Archer.

1) we might still sell Archer

2) Emery may think Archer has a higher ceiling than AJ

3) This is the deal on the table irrespective of Archer

4) There may not be a buyer for Archer at the level we want

5) The club have said for years that we need to produce a good youth system so we can sell to have a regular income.  Purslow mentioned this a few times and while he has left it will still be part of the plan especially because of FFP.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea are a bigger team than us...

You can say it

Wash your mouth out young man.  

We are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen…there is even a song about it 😉

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Carney thing was a mad old do. I can understand why he went there, even if I thought it was a bad move, but for them to completely implode like they have, signing and selling players almost on a daily basis, has killed his chance of football at this level. 

A good deal for us, for sure. 

He's literally going to start first game of the season for them because Nkunku is hurt. He's first choice backup for them. 

We are not sure of the details if any of its even true but a sell on clause would be easier to admin from Aaron's point of view, it could have problems if player swaps were involved but I'm sure that could be inserted into the sale.

If we then wanted to buy him back we could at a rate discounted to his market value. If we didn't or couldn't and he was sold on we would benefit from that sale.

The way we are at the moment I think Aaron's 2 maybe 3 seasons away from challenging what we have ( injuries and players leaving aside). That means a buy back clause could get diluted by time and the length of contract he has with Burnley.

Putting all that aside I'm sure the people we now  have at the club will be able to cover all angles.

From Aaron's point of view him leaving us to develop as a player is a no brainer, he has to go. I do think he will be an England International at some stage so hopefully he does well enough to come back.

Edited by tinker

I always said we wouldn’t sell him but if we can’t guarantee him game time the deal makes sense. 

The old Villa would have just sold him but with a buy back clause we’re in a win win situation.

Look at the Xavi Simons buy back for PSG, smashes it at PSV and they get him back a better player and cheaper than market value. 

Lets be clear, If we sell a player for £12m and put a buy back clause in at £20m, there are 3 things to be agreed.

1) when buy back expires and when it can be activated. So lets assume active to trigger only in months of June 24 and June 25 then expires. 

2) Buying club need to agree financial terms with the player for him to sign. 

3) We need to agree financial terms with the player if we re-sign him by activating the clause. One would expect it be a 30%+ pay increase over terms he gets from the club he joins.

That's how it works. The buy back triggers and player already has terms pre-agreed.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can someone who us more up with FFP confirm this, but my understanding is that a sale of £12m pure profit immediately gives us £60m FFP wiggle room due to amortisation of a new players fee and contract?

Selling Ramsey for 12m will hit the books now so we could potentially buy 2 x 30m players on 5 year contracts and the net FFP loss would be 0 this season (as 30m spread over 5 years). There would still be a 12m FFP loss for each of the other 4 years of their contracts, unless we sell some more players during that period. 

Wages are revenue expenditure so are not amortised and are just deducted in the same way the office staff wages are. However there is a guideline about wages not exceeding 70% of total income. Not sure of the details of that though. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's literally going to start first game of the season for them because Nkunku is hurt. He's first choice backup for them. 

Good, better chance they get battered by Liverpool then. 

I jest. 

Edited by Steero113

55 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm sure Emery has carte blanch to decide who's in his squad without the need to be 'padding out'.

The "IF he flies" bit is quite important as it's good for the player to get regular football, but it may be a season or two too soon before Unai thinks he's ready to handle the full top flight role for us. Emery will do what he needs to create a winning team. Maybe letting another team be the guinea pig on AJ's assessment is better for the team at this stage in his journey.

Agree.

I meant if we didn't have the likes of Traore and Coutinho hanging around the squad, there would be a pathway for AJ there and we'd probably keep him.

Because we have these guys, we have to weigh up whether it's worth taking some money now and see if he can do it elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, duke313 said:

image.png.d24ed3f9c1708a385cc19193f6b15a42.png

We’re not going to get to see JJ, Archer and AJ play a Europa Conference match.

We may see them together in a Champions League match in 5 years time...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Chuk and scott

£12m is cheap but that's got to be reflected in the value of the clause, cheaper we sell cheaper we can buy back

Bad comparisons, though.  Chukwuemeka being one of the most promising young midfielders in the country and Alex Scott being younger, vastly more experienced and having just been named in the Championship Team Of The Year.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

The buy back clause is going to be worthless if he has a couple of good seasons then he’ll be off to Liverpool or Chelsea.

Why? If we also have two good seasons, why won't we be in the Chelsea plop zone as well?

If true.......

I think this is one of the unfortunate trade-offs of our recent rise in stature.

I will be disappointed,if he leaves,  but at the same time understanding.

Edited by TRO

Unfortunately for Aaron his older brother has come on leaps and bounds and is an absolute lock in the first team when fit now. Buendia and Coutinho are also ahead of him in that role.

I'd have preferred a loan if we don't think he's going to get the gametime, and agree £12m seems cheap for a permanent transfer, but as others have said, presumably the buyback is also low.  

Very interested to see how he does in the prem, hopefully he smashes it and is back with us in a season or two. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If true the club really is losing it's soul. Pricing out local fans and cashing out 20 year old England internationals that have been at the club since 9 years old.

Woeful.

You're right. The club are in a terrible position right now. Has it ever been so bad! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â