Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

18 minutes ago, Pembers said:

then maybe they should play him more.....

He has only started 50%, or  4 of the 8 games he has been available for MK Dons (came off the bench for 2, didnt make it off the bench for 2).

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

then maybe they should play him more.....

He has only started 50%, or  4 of the 8 games he has been available for MK Dons (came off the bench for 2, didnt make it off the bench for 2).

He's getting plenty of minutes. He's only not appeared twice, one of those was less than a week after he joined, needed to settle in, train with the team. They have a RB of their own whose been playing alright. He's done well to take his place already with Tennai Watson filling in a LB - partly due to suspensions and partly because of how well Kaine is doing. 

His minutes are fine

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's getting plenty of minutes. He's only not appeared twice, one of those was less than a week after he joined, needed to settle in, train with the team. They have a RB of their own whose been playing alright. He's done well to take his place already with Tennai Watson filling in a LB - partly due to suspensions and partly because of how well Kaine is doing. 

His minutes are fine

Was going to say - MK Dons were doing well before he joined and are still doing well.  Their manager has to do what's best for their team, not what's best for Aston Villa :D 

MK Dons had Peter Kioso a right-back in on loan, but Luton recalled him in January, he was being rotated with Tennai Watson, Kesler-Hayden has basically taken KIoso's place and is also being rotated, it just seems to be what they do. Looking at his minutes he's actually played a lot more than I thought, featuring in six of the eight games he's been available, if he's playing a little less regularly than he was at Swindon it's worth the sacrifice to test himself at an higher level.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

His minutes are fine

He's played on average 45 minutes per game he's been available for selection since he came in. I think that's fine for now, but if he's relegated to being on the bench for the next few games, I'll start being concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, picicata said:

Is the England U20s entirely Villa players now?

Hadn't seen JPB made it too, 3 players who all really should be starting will be interesting to see.

A RB, RW and a striker all working togetherness too would be great

On balance I'd like to see him go to championship team for start of next season even if it's one struggling at wrong end.

He's obviously comfortable in the two divisions he's played in this season and Gerrard will no doubt run the rule over him in pre season but ultimately Cash will always start if fit, we have Chambers or Konsa who could fill in at RB for odd game and who knows who else we'll sign.

When Spurs signed Kyle Walker they loaned him back to Sheffield United, then he went to QPR and then mid season they loaned him to us and so we gave him six months of regular prem football and then he went back to Spurs and had a fantastic season.

I don't think there's any rush. At least there now seems to be a logical plan to how we use the loan market and young players.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2022 at 11:52, VillaChris said:

On balance I'd like to see him go to championship team for start of next season even if it's one struggling at wrong end.

He's obviously comfortable in the two divisions he's played in this season and Gerrard will no doubt run the rule over him in pre season but ultimately Cash will always start if fit, we have Chambers or Konsa who could fill in at RB for odd game and who knows who else we'll sign.

When Spurs signed Kyle Walker they loaned him back to Sheffield United, then he went to QPR and then mid season they loaned him to us and so we gave him six months of regular prem football and then he went back to Spurs and had a fantastic season.

I don't think there's any rush. At least there now seems to be a logical plan to how we use the loan market and young players.

We have Chambers who is an experience Prem RB and Young sill extend with us it seems. If we get Hickey for LB he's two footed so can also slot in at RB. 

KKH should go on loan to Championship for sure next season

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have Chambers who is an experience Prem RB and Young sill extend with us it seems. If we get Hickey for LB he's two footed so can also slot in at RB. 

KKH should go on loan to Championship for sure next season

Hickey is absolutely ravaging Serie A this season. He ain't coming to Aston Villa to be a squaddie. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Hickey is absolutely ravaging Serie A this season. He ain't coming to Aston Villa to be a squaddie. 

I agree, that's where the signing of Digne has complicated things somewhat. Guess if Newcastle are genuinely looking at Hickey they won't be signing Targett full time.

Performing excellently again tonight. He’s having another really good loan spell with MK. I can see him going back out on loan again next season - just depends what we want to do with Guilbert and the right back situation in general.

Â