Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe, I just think if he was that good he’d already be involved around the first time like Ramsey was and Chuk is.

I think defenders need to get more time on pitch before you can throw them into PL action. I think the season on Loan will stand him in good stead. He'll be assessed in the summer to see if he's ready to push for some starts next season. I'd say he'll be around for first half of the season to push Cash and start the EFL Cup games and possibly get a few Prem starts or time off the bench. Then in January it can be decided if regular football in Championship would be good for him or if he's impressed enough to start games in 2nd half of season. 

Trent AA started 8 / 25 PL games when he broke though for Liverpool and then from April onwards started all but 11 of the final 13 Prem games and all 5 of the CL games. I can see KKH following that kind of pattern next season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think defenders need to get more time on pitch before you can throw them into PL action. I think the season on Loan will stand him in good stead. He'll be assessed in the summer to see if he's ready to push for some starts next season. I'd say he'll be around for first half of the season to push Cash and start the EFL Cup games and possibly get a few Prem starts or time off the bench. Then in January it can be decided if regular football in Championship would be good for him or if he's impressed enough to start games in 2nd half of season. 

Trent AA started 8 / 25 PL games when he broke though for Liverpool and then from April onwards started all but 11 of the final 13 Prem games and all 5 of the CL games. I can see KKH following that kind of pattern next season. 

And he was 18 at the time mate. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

I know players develop at different ages and I hope KHH makes it at Villa but I don’t really understand the confidence of some of our fans that our right back position is sorted for the next few years.

He broke into the U18s as fifteen year old back then I'd never seen him play but had heard him being mentioned as a name to watch, then he broke into the U23s as a sixteen year old and then pretty much became a regular at that level whilst being an outstanding performer, last season he was one of the outstanding performers in our FA Youth Cup winning team, he also captained that side, this season he's one of the few loanees who made a big success of his loan, so much so that he was recalled and moved up a level,he showed against Man City, albeit in a one of game he's capable of performing at an high level, he also had a decent game against Liverpool's first team last season.

He's been sent out on loan but that doesn't mean it's because we don't think he's good enough for us, in his particular case it's probably more that we think game time in League One will be more beneficial to his development than sitting on the bench with us, Archer and Philogene-Bidace are similar, they're more than capable of being squad players but better for their development to go out on loan and get more game time than they would with us.

He's also been an England international at youth level, which whilst not a guarantee of future quality, it is a sign that an academy player is doing something very right in the present and that they have a lot of potential, no coincident that six of our FA Youth Cup winning team were England youth international's, Swinkels and Bogarde Dutch youth international's where the same idea applies.

Most of all I think people rate him based on having watched him play a number of times, there's no guarantee he's going to make it with us but there are many reason's to be hopeful.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know players develop at different ages and I hope KHH makes it at Villa but I don’t really understand the confidence of some of our fans that our right back position is sorted for the next few years.

because the staff that we employ for this very reason seem to think the same...and then same as Barry he's an england youth international who played very well in our youth cup winning side, of course fans are excited by him

the good enough you're old enough stuff only goes so far, there's also the case that the club dont have to rush him, which we dont, TAA broke through at a time when liverpool were playing milner at RB it makes a big difference, even chambers I would argue just buys us time at RB and CB, we dont have to deep end him

you can always find examples that go the other way too, by the time he was 20 andres iniesta had made 17 la liga appearances, there's every danger chuk will have played more league games at 18, the more obvious one is harry kane and his loans and how the one season wonder stuff stuck around him afterwards, there was no indication of what he was while he was out on loan, he played 1 game for spurs before he was 20 and didnt kick a ball for england until he was nearly 21

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

because the staff that we employ for this very reason seem to think the same...and then same as Barry he's an england youth international who played very well in our youth cup winning side, of course fans are excited by him

the good enough you're old enough stuff only goes so far, there's also the case that the club dont have to rush him, which we dont, TAA broke through at a time when liverpool were playing milner at RB it makes a big difference, even chambers I would argue just buys us time at RB and CB, we dont have to deep end him

you can always find examples that go the other way too, by the time he was 20 andres iniesta had made 17 la liga appearances, there's every danger chuk will have played more league games at 18, the more obvious one is harry kane and his loans and how the one season wonder stuff stuck around him afterwards, there was no indication of what he was while he was out on loan, he played 1 game for spurs before he was 20 and didnt kick a ball for england until he was nearly 21

All fair points mate bur realistically how many youth prospects make it in the first time regardless of how much potential?

As I said I hope he comes good. I just don’t get the excitement around him that’s all. 

edit: thinking more about our own rather than in general.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

There seems to be a myth that's sprung up recently that most highly rated academy players don't make it, that's not really true, it's true that from the very many academy players that each club has that very few of them will make it, but the highly rated ones do tend to go on and have good careers at an high level. Which stands to reason really, as most players playing Premier League football or football in any of the top divisions are players that have come through the academy system and they tend to be ones that were highly rated at that level.

Edited by useless
It's logical really, if the highly rated academy players didn't tend to make it there soon wouldn't be any players, as it's rare players come into the game via any other route other than via academies, players making it via the non league is rare.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All fair points mate bur realistically how many youth prospects make it in the first time regardless of how much potential?

As I said I hope he comes good. I just don’t get the excitement around him that’s all. 

i think out of all of them he's the one that plays in a position and has the player ahead of him that means he'll get the fairest crack at it, our back up RB doesn't need to be a £20m international player and cash will be upgraded within the next 2 to 3 seasons

Barry, Archer, Chuk all have big transfer players ahead of them to displace, KHH has the easiest job on paper IMO

that's another reason why the excitement is there, the belief that it will happen, we wont buy a £30m+ RB next summer, he'll get a chance

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm most excited by him because of the little I saw and the bits I've heard from a couple Swindon fans, this lad didn't really even fit the Swindon side that well but was first on the team sheet because he was too good to not play.

If you're in league 2 and organising your team around a teenager on loan then that lad has to be pretty good. The older players around that squad spoke extremely highly of him too. Lads like Jonny Williams have seen a lot of young lads come and go in sides so good to hear them speak so highly of him. 

• Like 1

It will be really interesting what the club do in summer. 

We have KKH, Cash, Guilbert and Chambers in the squad for the RB position. We'll hopefully sign Hickey who is both footed too, but he's more as understudy for Digne at LB.

I think people should not write off Guilbert. He's been outstanding over in France and Strasbourg are in the top 4. He's in the top 5 percentile for assists per 90 among the top 5 leagues vs full backs. He's also in top 20% in shot creating actions. So going forward he's posting great numbers. I feel Gerrard has surely spoken to him and is positive about his performances. This is why Guilbert was saying "see you soon" to Digne. 

IF the right bid comes in from Athletico Madrid for Cash we might accept it if Gerrard likes what he see's from Guilbert enough to extend his contract and have KKH as understudy with Chambers there (and potentially Hickey) to compete/cover.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

If he rips up League 1 and looks a class above then surely he's ready after a summer training back with the first team for some game time in the Prem. I want to see him getting assists as he plays wing back at MK Dons.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

So....

he started MK Dons first game when he joined.

Since then, 2 games on the bench, came on in the 87th minute today.

Wonder whats going on there.....

Crazy 2 weeks ago there was people on here saying he should replace Cash in the first team 😂 Now he cant even get a game for MK Dons.
Its good experience for him to battle for his spot. He was clearly better than league 2 standards, out grew that league. Its a good step up!  

• Like 1

Â