thabucks

Man City fans like to pretend like their growth was 100% organic but they've been able to compete in the FFP era largely due to sponsorships and other deals by their own owners or affiliates. No way in hell they'd make more revenue than Manchester United, Barcelona, Real etc otherwise. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Man City fans like to pretend like their growth was 100% organic but they've been able to compete in the FFP era largely due to sponsorships and other deals by their own owners or affiliates. No way in hell they'd make more revenue than Manchester United, Barcelona, Real etc otherwise. 

To be fair to them, oil reserves are created as a result of 100% organic processes.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That's the joy of FFP

Man City can artificially inflate the market with their own airlines etc, Newcastle can now come and do the same

Man Utd and Liverpool can still claim to be market leaders... They dont stand still, if Newcastles owners stick a £100m a year name on the front of their shirt all that will happen is man City will do the same followed by man utd and Liverpool renegotiating with team viewer and standard chartered, it'll benchmark

There is more money in football than ever before and it will continue to grow but the big clubs will always be the biggest and if anything the disparity increases year on year

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just seen that Cazoo have posted losses of £270m, **** hell that's a huge amount of money for a company of their size to be losing.

Hope Mr Purslow is back doing the job he's supposed to be doing and sounding out other potential sponsors as we speak.

Edited by est1874

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Just seen that Cazoo have posted losses of £191m, **** hell that's a huge amount of money for a company of their size to be losing.

Hope Mr Purslow is back doing the job he's supposed to be doing and sounding out other potential sponsors as we speak.

Would do wonders for the Italian market if they got rid of Cazoo

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Just seen that Cazoo have posted losses of £270m, **** hell that's a huge amount of money for a company of their size to be losing.

Yeah, they look in trouble. A disastrous foray into Europe and their share price has completely collapsed. 

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

I was buying a car earlier this year, saw the right car on Cazoo but wanted to negotiate.

I asked to drop the price down by £500 which I thought was fair, they told me the prices are set by an internal system and they don't negotiate. 

I said that's fine and left it. 

2 days later that same car from Cazoo was online but a grand cheaper than when I first saw it.

I now have a Cazoo car. 

And now Cazoo go bust.

46 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I was buying a car earlier this year, saw the right car on Cazoo but wanted to negotiate.

I asked to drop the price down by £500 which I thought was fair, they told me the prices are set by an internal system and they don't negotiate. 

I said that's fine and left it. 

2 days later that same car from Cazoo was online but a grand cheaper than when I first saw it.

I now have a Cazoo car. 

And now Cazoo go bust.

Jesus. Doing business like that, I'm not surprised. So are you paying by PCP or how does it work?

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Jesus. Doing business like that, I'm not surprised. So are you paying by PCP or how does it work?

I got an email from a Nigerian prince so no PCP for me. I'm sorted. 

Actually, I got a loan from Tesco's. 

• Haha 1

On 07/06/2022 at 22:46, Keyblade said:

Not seen a set of fans more sportswashed than City's.

It's incredible. Even Chelsea fans acknowledge the importance of Abramovich.

A lot of otherwise normal City fans are totally deluded around football.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not seen a set of fans more sportswashed than City's.

It's incredible. Even Chelsea fans acknowledge the importance of Abramovich.

A lot of otherwise normal City fans are totally deluded around football.

Newcastle fans will surpass them I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Newcastle fans will surpass them I'm sure.

their sleeve sponsor jumping from £1m a year to £7.5m a year is obviously because they're massive 

edit - as a side though what has happened in the last year and what will no doubt happen in the next year with the sleeve sponsors really is an indication as to how the PL and FFP is **** shite, the top 6 have a £10m sleeve sponsor, newcastle now have a £7.5m sponsor, everyone else in the league hovers around £1.5m...but they want to introduce wages that are capped at 70% of your revenue? That would be a £81k per week advantage newcastle have over villa based on that one sponsorship alone, it's a wolf in sheep's clothing but the PL is dominated by teams who just want to be there so rather than look up at the advantage those above them have they'll look down at the advantage they have over those below them, villa included in that, we will slit our own throat on things like this

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

Â