thabucks

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Checking Instagram and Samatta has 2 million followers and Trezeguet 4.6 million 😲

Can maybe see why we maybe signed them

Yes, I can see the thinking behind these signings looking for expanding our global appeal. Big name Players from countries will bring you exposure on a large scale in that particular country but those players also move on at some point, so you would hope to keep some of the gains after they move on if they have done well for the club. However, the only thing that will guarantee exposure and expand our followers long term on these platforms will be success and winning trophies, as unfortunately that is all that interests 90 odd percent of the fans from other parts of the world who have no other affinity with a football club.

15 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wow, thats shocking, I had just presumed it would be the same money for similar sized clubs.

I dont understand why we cant rake in the same amounts as some perceived "bigger" clubs. We have a massive fan base, surely thats what sponsorships would look at, rather than where a team finished in the league? We have more fans than Man City and Chelsea so you'd imagine companies would rather expose themselves to more people. Especially when you consider some of these teams have separate sponsors for league and Europe.

As has been said, they took a gamble on us staying up and were well rewarded for that last season with the exposure that they got through us. If we were negotiating with them now, they would need to pay us what they pay Everton next season (in fact, I think we are currently worth a little more). They will be getting us on the cheap next year, but hopefully if we continue our progress the cash should roll in when the next deal is agreed.   

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Aston Villa shirt sponsor Cazoo to cut 750 jobs in £200m savings drive

Aston Villa shirt sponsor and principal partner Cazoo is set to cut 750 jobs 'across the business' as it looks to cut costs, it was announced today.

Villa are set to enter a third year with the online car seller as their main shirt sponsor for the forthcoming 2022/23 Premier League campaign.

Cazoo said the decision had been made to scale the business down to a more sustainable size. "It is expected that the combination of these initiatives will result in cash savings to the company’s budget of over £200m during the period from June 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023 with approximately 750 roles being impacted across the business,” the company said in a statement.

There is no suggestion that the cuts will have any impact on Villa's sponsorship deal with Cazoo. The company were announced as Villa shirt sponsors in 2020 in a multi-year deal worth in the region of £6 million annually. Their branding has featured on the playing kits and training wear of all Villa sides over the past two seasons.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-cazoo-job-cuts-24163692

No idea if it will have any impact on us.

33 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

None I'd imagine. Unless it's a precursor to them going bump. 

Probably means they won't be renewing the contract when it expires though. 

They seem to be significantly expanding on the football shirt sponsorship front - they’ll be sponsoring  Lille, Marseille, Real Sociedad and Valencia too next season. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Second hand car market is insane atm. Would be amazed if they’re struggling financially.

Their stock price is down over 80% in the last 6 months.

It's fell so much itsbimpacted the shares of their competitors as it created fear the market isn't as strong as believed. Their competitor Carzam blamed this for Carzam going bust this week.

Market isn't as strong as it was. Atleast in the eyes of investors

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I'd assume they're paying us more than £6m now for the coming season?   It's so low compared to Everton, West Ham, Leicester and the top 6 clubs.

Might have negotiated a rise based on performance/ results / Cup runs.... but given we've finished lower than last season and achieved nothing in the cups I doubt we'd be in line for an increase for next season. 

• Like 1

Premier League annual shirt sponsorship amounts for 2021/22:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

The big 6 teams get more for their sleeve sponsorship than Villa get for their main sponsor. 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/every-premier-league-team-shirt-sponsor-reviewed

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

The big 6 teams get more for their sleeve sponsorship than Villa get for their main sponsor. 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/every-premier-league-team-shirt-sponsor-reviewed

Good old Man City. Paving the way for all clubs to make billions from sponsorship with their latest deal with the UAE government.

Oh wait, no one in their right mind will pay the rates UAE pay to their own organisation. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

Frightening.  So hard to compete with the big six.

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

It’s a closed shop by design. Shame on the sports washers and the league for allowing this. 

• Like 1

Doubt this will have any impact on our sponsorship, probably just a slow day at Birmingham Mail. There has been a lot of panic and imo and oversell by people in technology shares due to increasing interest rates, market uncertainty caused by war in ukraine, and people switching into dividend paying shares rather than high growth. Cazoo is still in fine shape and won't have any trouble sponsoring us this season. Share price will recover in due course aswell once things settle down imo.

58 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

That is so depressing. We should be ahead of Palace, Brighton, and Wolves as a bare minimum. They are mid market teams at best.

• Like 3

we need to finish higher than 14th and 11th to get better deals. with all this investment being pumped into the playing staff and now with Gerrard giving the club more of a presence abroad and in the media in general, I would hope we would be able to increase this number by 2/3 in the next couple of years, perhaps when we have a new deal coming up. We might be in the position to turn down sponsorships and play them off against eachother. We can't underperform on the pitch though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is so depressing. We should be ahead of Palace, Brighton, and Wolves as a bare minimum. They are mid market teams at best.

It's the Leicester one that worries me.

Our deal was signed after we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. I'm not surprised we're behind those teams.

The fact Leicester have been beating or competing with the Sky 6 since 2015/16 and are nearly 75% less than Arsenal is what really shows the disparity

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Their stock price is down over 80% in the last 6 months.

It's fell so much itsbimpacted the shares of their competitors as it created fear the market isn't as strong as believed. Their competitor Carzam blamed this for Carzam going bust this week.

Market isn't as strong as it was. Atleast in the eyes of investors

Lots of digital related stocks shot up during covid because they offered a solution to physical restrictions during lockdown, and now have since come back down so I wouldn’t read too much in to their share price as it’s the same story for basically any company which did well in that period, and on a day to day back  the share price would make no difference to their operations.

With inflation escalating higher and concerns of a recession looming later in the year it would be logical to expect the second hand car market to slow down as consumers tighten their belts. Add to that the return of physical showrooms and dealers too, it’s a tough mix. So it makes sense to cut back now in advance of that - in many ways recessions are caused by self fulfilling prophecies as business lay off workers in anticipation of a slowdown which in turn actually causes the slowdown. 

I actually bought my last car through Cazoo during lockdown and I can vouch for them, it was a good service and I felt like I got a reasonable deal. But I knew exactly what I wanted, so maybe doesn’t have universal appeal but to me it did feel like the future of car buying unlike having to haggle in a car park with a dodgy dealer who’s telling you your trade-in is only worth half as much because of all those dents and scrapes you can’t see. I would expect they’d separate out operational spending with marketing spending (ie sponsorships) at least for now as for example in my case, I’d have never purchased my car online without knowing who Cazoo were from TV and sponsoring Villa so the marketing element is probably still key for them 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

Â