thabucks

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is so depressing. We should be ahead of Palace, Brighton, and Wolves as a bare minimum. They are mid market teams at best.

No disrespect but why? We are mid market as well, only just by the skin of our teeth this season just gone. 17th, 11th, 14th. We are just about bang average. 

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

No disrespect but why? We are mid market as well, only just by the skin of our teeth this season just gone. 17th, 11th, 14th. We are just about bang average. 

Er potential? Biggest club in second biggest city in the country. Lots of links to big businesses in the city. 40,000 every home game, due to be 50,000 soon.. 20,000 odd on the waiting list. Iconic ground. We have the biggest supporter base between London and the North. I know we have done our best to mess this potential up  for years but our new owners seem fairly determined this time.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Er potential? Biggest club in second biggest city in the country. Lots of links to big businesses in the city. 40,000 every home game, due to be 50,000 soon.. 20,000 odd on the waiting list. Iconic ground. We have the biggest supporter base between London and the North. I know we have done our best to mess this potential up  for years but our new owners seem fairly determined this time.

well companies won't pay for potential.  They are paying for what solid benefits you can provide for that 12 months.    

If your potential is ever realised, then they'll pay the going rate at the time for better benefits.   

At the current moment we only provide £6m worth of benefit to them.   The rest of it is irrevelant.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

well companies won't pay for potential.  They are paying for what solid benefits you can provide for that 12 months.    

Ok, well based on that, even without higher finishing places, we still offer more exposure, a much larger fanbase worldwide AND far greater potential. ( EVEN if we finished 17th! )

It's just a shit deal, which i'm hoping gets updated.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If your potential is ever realised, then they'll pay the going rate at the time for better benefits.   

At the current moment we only provide £6m worth of benefit to them.   The rest of it is irrevelant.

So do you genuinely feel that clubs like  Wolves and Palace are worth more to companies than us at the moment? I think we still have the negative drag of being out of the prem for 3 years. A few more years time and we should be flying. I guess I am more optimistic of our potential earning power than others.

• Like 1

Out of interest has anyone seen the TV game numbers from last season? 

Who was on Sky the most? I'd guess there's a simple enough correlation there as a start

Would have thought we get more games than Palace already

Depressingly pretty much all of our worldwide exposure will come from our games against Utd/Liverpool etc.

The extra x thousand Villa fans wearing shirts around the globe over some other similarly placed teams mean next to nothing.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

So do you genuinely feel that clubs like  Wolves and Palace are worth more to companies than us at the moment? I think we still have the negative drag of being out of the prem for 3 years. A few more years time and we should be flying. I guess I am more optimistic of our potential earning power than others.

I think we're both kind of agreeing.  Yes, i think we have massive potential and in another year or two we'll have much bigger sponsorships than the other 13 teams outside the top 6. That's basically my point, sponsors will pay higher at that point that we have overtaken them.

You've also explained why we are currently lower which is what i was saying. We've been out of the Prem for 3 years, and since then we've averaged 14th. Wolves and Palace have averaged higher than that, Palace probably get more exposure due to London and Wolves had a decent amount of exposure with their Chinese investment and Portuguese players.   

For 10 years Villa have been thought of a nobody team. We are slowly getting back, but change in perception takes time. 

41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Depressingly pretty much all of our worldwide exposure will come from our games against Utd/Liverpool etc.

The extra x thousand Villa fans wearing shirts around the globe over some other similarly placed teams mean next to nothing.

I don't see why Cazoo cares about worldwide exposure. I think they're UK-only. They certainly don't have any presence in the states.

7 minutes ago, TomC said:

I don't see why Cazoo cares about worldwide exposure. I think they're UK-only. They certainly don't have any presence in the states.

They aren't UK only and, speaking as someone who has never lived in Birmingham, I'm afraid the argument holds true if you remove the word "worldwide".

Cazoo are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and have institutional investors such as Morgan Stanley and Blackrock, American companies and some of the largest companies in the world. They are focused on Europe atm but I think they will want to try and expand into the US at some point as there is a huge opportunity there

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Premier League annual shirt sponsorship amounts for 2021/22:

Man City - £68m

Man Utd - £47m

Chelsea - £40m

Liverpool - £40m

Spurs - £40m

Arsenal - £40m

Leicester - £12m

Everton - £10m

West Ham - £10m

Brighton £8m

Wolves - £8m

Crystal Palace - £6.5m

Newcastle - £6.5m

Villa - £6m

The big 6 teams get more for their sleeve sponsorship than Villa get for their main sponsor. 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/every-premier-league-team-shirt-sponsor-reviewed

WOW thats shocking! Purslow needs to sort out a better deal
Maybe a local business can pay us more? Like 'Classic fish bar & kebab house'

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Mr Egg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sponsorship deals are not signed on potential, you don't buy advertising space because in the future it will be a great place to advertise. Purslow would be naive to even try and sell a medium/long term sponsorship deal. We will get a much bigger deal when we are finishing higher up the table. We need to keep those contracts as short term as possible for the moment so that we don't tie ourselves into a low paying deal when we are in Europe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's the Leicester one that worries me.

Our deal was signed after we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. I'm not surprised we're behind those teams.

The fact Leicester have been beating or competing with the Sky 6 since 2015/16 and are nearly 75% less than Arsenal is what really shows the disparity

At least with Leicester we have a much bigger English fan base so we should be able to get a bigger deal than them if we have around champions league level of success. 

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Mr...

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Mr Egg

Ah shit. Beat me to it!

• Haha 2

Â