Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

The club has done extremely well to get such a significant transfer for a kid who could have signed for someone on a free in 5 months. The boy has done next to nothing in a villa shirt, despite ample opportunity to make an impact, and clearly had no intention on signing a deal with us. Added bonus is that we won’t have this circus ongoing and can start the season with everyone that we want fully committed and pulling in the same direction.

I feel sorry for the boy. He seems like a decent kid but has been horribly advised. Chelsea’s youth set up has swallowed up the likes of Salah and De Bruyne (who fortunately ended up making it elsewhere) and literally a hundred+ similar youth prospects so it’s a “brave” move at best. 

It’s more likely than not that come the end of the season he might be viewing the premier league game time Ramsey, Archer and Tim get this season with more than a little envy.

• Like 2

I can understand this move. He must believe in his own abilities and Chelsea have shown in recent years if you are very good you will get a chance in the first team and to play for trophy’s.  I do think he may have to go out on loan for a year or two so It’s now up to him to prove he is going to be good enough for them.  I personally have my doubts he will reach those levels but what do I know?

For us we lose a player that has a hell of a lot of potential but we have got very good money for him so it’s decent business.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20m for a prospect with a handful of premier league appearances in which he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Football has officially gone mad. 

He might go on to be a world beater and 20m will seem like peanuts in the future but history would suggest there's more chance of his career going the other way.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hiney said:

20m for a prospect with a handful of premier league appearances in which he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Football has officially gone mad. 

He might go on to be a world beater and 20m will seem like peanuts in the future but history would suggest there's more chance of his career going the other way.

It’s more likely than not that someone doesn’t become the next big thing because like you said that is the history of young players.

moving to Chelsea is incredibly stupid though before becoming an established player

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am staggered, that we have done this business.

I never thought we would get anything like the fee's being reported.....shows what I know.

Congrats to the powers that be, for shrewd negotiation......whether he goes on to enhance his value or not.....a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

finish it off now and sign Gallagher.

You weren’t alone, I would have thought 10 was good 

21 minutes ago, Thug said:

What does this mean?

Naive by doing what exactly? We should have been more savvy and threatened to kill his family if he didn’t sign a contract?  Or do you mean by not playing a teenager that was miles off the pace of first team football?

The club played a blinder.  We turned a £20m profit on a player that didn’t want to be here.

I keep reading this from people who clearly do not understand that when a player wants to leave, and his contract is running out, there’s **** all you can do about it, and make the best of the situation.

And boy did we do good out of the situation

Well done management! 

I think more could have been done more earlier to get him to sign. 

That means a better contract offer earlier and guarantees around game time. 

The £15m isn't a huge achievement as we'd likely of got that in compensation if he was staying in England. 

Anyway I'm just disappointed to see us lose one of the best young players in Europe.

We've lots more talent coming through 

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s more likely than not that come the end of the season he might be viewing the premier league game time Ramsey, Archer and Tim get this season with more than a little envy.

He might not be able to see them to begin with

Money Dollar Signs Bling Fun Party Pimp Costume Novelty Glasses - sunglass .la

• Haha 2

Would have preferred him to go abroad but I don't think that would have happened until next year, so probably a blessing Chelsea came in for him and £20m is a great bit of business considering the situation.

I'm not really surprised but don't really agree with the comments that he's shit and good riddance. The reality is he has bags of potential and he showed this in a few of his substitute appearances. His start towards the end of the season was a bit of a non event but probably because of the situation , many seem to think that game represents his talent and future. 

It's football, there is more chance of him not living up to his expectation but his potential is very clearly there.

I also disagree with Villa not doing what they can to keep him. Possibly giving him a bit of discredit but I wouldn't be surprised if we mainly signed Caleb for the benefit of him staying. He was linked with other clubs when he signed his contract in 2020. Villa need to offer new contracts as soon as they think they have have achieved some of their potential and still believe I'm them, but I don't think we were slow out the block on a new contract. It's just clear, whether it was agent, family or himself, he saw his future elsewhere for whatever reason.

Incredible really, we got one fifth the amount we got for Grealish for a player who has only really shown he can do it for the under 20’s.

He struggled when he was in the first team. 

Dont get me wrong, I’d preferred he had stayed and continued his development here and the mind boggles at the supposed reason he wanted more first team playing time. 

I guess Chelsea is seen as a “bigger” club, maybe it’s an ego thing. 

From what it sounds like we offered him a lucrative contract and I’m assuming he would get more game time at Villa and his brother is also at the club, seems like a really odd decision from the lad. 

if you’re his family and agent surely you’d be saying, stay at Villa a few more seasons, hone your skills and then if you really want to move to London, I’m sure the opportunity will arise. 

The guardian seem to think its 10m with 10m in add ons. I dont think we would do that. I think its more £15m with the add ons.

Its win win for us. Of he does well we get more money if he flops we can say we told you so

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Incredible really, we got one fifth the amount we got for Grealish for a player who has only really shown he can do it for the under 20’s.

Dont get me wrong, I’d preferred he had stayed and continued his development here and the mind boggles at the supposed reason he wanted more first team playing time. 

From what it sounds like we offered him a lucrative contract and I’m assuming he would get more game time at Villa and his brother is also at the club, seems like a really odd decision from the lad. 

if you’re his family and agent surely you’d be saying, stay at Villa a few more seasons, hone your skills and then if you really want to move to London, I’m sure the opportunity will arise. 

I think chelsea are on the decline.  It will take a few years but You can see by the calibre of players they are signing. 50m for that brighton lad. Is he really that good? Scmuck another 20m. Are they better than what they currently have? 

Also being linked with walker peters

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Will Tuchel really throw him right into the deep end? I guess the 5 subs thing makes playing time a little easier to get...Will be very interesting indeed. 

Just had a look at the midfield options available to Tuchel, even with 10 subs allowed he would do well to get playing time next season. Hope he has his passport with him because he is off on his travels.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

On general would be a great move but Purslow said he was the best 18 year old in England

I think Purslow should shut up if honest but also I think Carney wanted to stay his brother and his friends are here. It is what it is

Maybe Purslow was doing his job by bugging up Carney. They offered him the best contract for a teenager over a year ago and he seemingly never gave any indication he would sign. Far more excited about Tim, Haden, Archer, Ramsey and Feerey to be honest

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s not £20m up front like Grealish’s £100m was. We only get the full £20m if he becomes a first team regular at Chelsea. The deal is structured with incentive payments.

7 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Isn't Haaland the highest rated player in world football and BD only got 51m for him? Not great business from BD. Villa could have lost Chuk for a few hundred grand next summer and Purslow managed to get 20m. That looks like good management of our assets to me

It’s a £10m fee we receive now and another £10m if he breaks into the Chelsea first team.

I’m not complaining, it’s much better to get £10m in now than lose him for nothing in 12 months, especially when he’s not going to make much of an impact on the first team in that time. 

I was more questioning whether the gushing over Purslow was really so justified. The fee was more than Milan and Barcelona were offering (which is why we went with Chelsea’s offer) but he was also a very hot prospect who was the subject of a bidding war. 

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

I think more could have been done more earlier to get him to sign. 

That means a better contract offer earlier and guarantees around game time. 

The £15m isn't a huge achievement as we'd likely of got that in compensation if he was staying in England. 

Anyway I'm just disappointed to see us lose one of the best young players in Europe.

We've lots more talent coming through 

Eh? The compensation has already been reported that we would’ve likely got around £300k.  The club have done incredibly well to get £15-20m for him given it looked like we would get only a very small fraction of that.

Just one example of the reported comp fee below

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â