Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

27 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

20m is absolutely nothing for the best U20 talent in the country, I think he will go on to be a very good player providing he focuses on his football.

He can get a lot more game time for Chelsea than he can for us because they have so many games where they win with ease or the game is done at HT.

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

He was born in Austria and moved to Northampton. £20m is a very good fee he’s proved nothing yet despite being very talented.

£20m for Chukweumeka is great business by us. We’ve given him game time and he hasn’t really made an impact. He could be a good player in the future, but at present he’s a development project who isn’t that useful to us. We’ve cashed in early without having to take the risk on him, we can now either focus on other prospects or just on strengthening the first team without worrying about accommodating a hot prospect who still has a hell of a lot of developing to do.

Edited by david-avfc

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Nothing in this instance, time will tell if he has a legit concern regarding a pathway to the first team or if he wanted more money.

I'm saying if talented youth players look to move clubs in order to get game time then that is something that needs looking at, this is the first instance of it but I do fear it might become more of a regular occurrence.

It will become a more regular occurence 100%. Because we will be bringing more and more through. Then we will sell some to help balance our books. 

Trust our leaders. We have Archer Tim Jacob and Kesler on 5 year deals. If they leave they are leaving for serious dollar. 

Its the way of the world. Players come and go  . 

We have got Iroegbunam and Kamara on frees ourselves. And got 20 mill for Carney . 

• Like 2

£20 million for a youth player who doesn't want to play for us and could go for free in 11 months? Outstanding business Villa, well done! Let's see that money invested into a new player in his position that will actually make a difference to our squad! He may become a great player, but it was clearly never going to be for us. He might be another ravel Morrison. The latter is statistically more likely. Glad this story is now over!

• Like 2

I think he will go on to be a top player. Shame it isn’t with us but it’s the nature of football. Given the circumstances £20 million is incredible really. Hope we have a % of future sales. Think he will prove to be great value for Chelsea. 

Great business for us. Sure he'll do well in his career but he's probably set himself backwards by 2 seasons by moving to Chelsea of all places now. 6 year deal secures him for sure...but he'd have gotten there anyway with more game time under his belt.

He'll stick around the first team squad with Chelsea, he'll play cup games off the bench and then be on loan by January. Come next season he won't go on loan against Chelsea's recommendation as he'll think it's his year. He'll be on loan abroad by 24/25 season and he'll start to get to where he should be.

All the best Carney. Hope it works out but can't help but feel you've been taken for a mug.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Just now, Giro said:

I have a feeling this will bite us on the arse in years to come 

We haven't pushed him out.we offered him a big deal. He didn't want it.

Can't bite us on the arse if we tried for 2 years to get him to sign a deal. Just another player who might have a good career

• Like 2

I have to say I don't really feel a lot in relation to this. Seems a deal that worked out quite well for all parties. Sure, we lost a bit of potential, but we've been compensated well for it. Our first team has essentially lost nothing as he's barely featured and when has has, I've always had a niggling feeling he's not ready for it..... yet. Time will tell on this one but for where we're at right now, £20m seems a good deal.

Sure he may go on to be another Bellingham but i'm not so sure. 

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

Late to party, how do we know it’s £20 million, doesn’t say a fee on the officiaL site. The £20 million was us gesturing. Has a fee been reported on the Chelsea side. 

Also, good luck getting into the Chelsea midfield. Watch him get loaned out to League 1 after signing. It’ll either be that or he’ll turn them down waiting for Real Madrid to come in for him!

All the main boys in the media reporting, some saying 15 with add ons collomosse saying 20 

A real shame this one and a total surprise on where the lad has ended up.  A real talent and one of best in his age group across Europe. For Chelsea to offer him a six year deal says it all.

However, approx £15-20m for an 18 year old with only a couple of appearances is not too shabby at all. Will also look good on a FFP perspective, as this is total profit on our balance sheet.

Take Grealish away and we haven’t made a profit on many players over the last ten years. It also shows that all the hard work with our academy is bearing fruit again.  Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

If it does? I don't think there is much the club can do different?

It is difficult to blood younger players when the fans scream for new signings all summer and demand instant results and improvement. 

It is very difficult but maybe I'm a bit different to others. We aren't challenging for Europe and I don't think we will this season, I'd prefer to see Archer/Chuk more involved than the likes of Sanson, Young and other average squad players even if it costs us a couple of places in the league.

It's the cost you pay for developing talent I guess, but maybe the board don't want to pay that cost and its target is European football. Once we have Europe we can give these youth players more time, until then I do think it's difficult to get them involved. JJ got a chance because we were fairly average mid table team at the time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its unbelievable we have recouped  20m for a player thats played so little  its a gamble for chelsea thats for sure.

No idea why chelsea are after him he is nowhere near the level they are at

Because of where he will be which could be their level

He's the biggest youth prospect in the country, even if he fails there they'll recoup £20m for him in 2-3 years time

The risk is all him thinking Chelsea is better for his development than villa, personally I think it's not, he should have signed a 4 or 5 year deal here and then make noises about Chelsea, he's running before he can walk 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Â