Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

About as good a deal as we could have got for him.  It's a shame he didn't see his future with us, he will probably play more games for Chelsea than he would with us just because they play more so I can see why he would go.  I reckon we would have matched the wage he is getting there.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Terrible? It's very hard to be good enough to come through a youth set up and into a team that challenges for a title.

Mount, James, Hudson Odoi? Gallagher and Broja will be solid premier league level players too. 

Mount and James who actually played plenty plenty of 1st team football and did brilliantly  at Wigan, Derby, Dutch side etc before getting a chance at Chelsea
Carney started 2 PL games and 2 senior games in his whole career

Gallagher and Broja yet to break into the team???????

Also you can ask Salah, Colvill, KDB, Lukaku, Abraham, Livermento, Tomori, Guehi, Lamptey, Ake, Jeremie Boga, Delan Rice, Zouma, etc etc about what they think about your opinion 

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's been with Villa since he was 12, I don't think anyone would suggest he isn't a Villa academy product. 

Edit: referencing the hashtags, grow up. 

He was closer to 13 to be fair. #Geturfactsright 

13 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

20m is absolutely nothing for the best U20 talent in the country, I think he will go on to be a very good player providing he focuses on his football.

He can get a lot more game time for Chelsea than he can for us because they have so many games where they win with ease or the game is done at HT.

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

On the bold. Jacob Ramsey? Tim Iroegbunam? Archer being included in the seasons PL squad?

Chukwuemeka was given plenty of chances in the PL (at 17 and 18 btw) but wasn't given more because he wasn't good enough now. 

That's not to say he won't become good enough of course. 

I see that the fee has been reported as both 15m with add ons and 20m. I can only presume it's 15m plus a very easily achievable clause. Something like an extra 5m after 20 Eredivisie appearances I'd imagine.

Glad the sorry saga is over. £20m for someone who played twice for us and never wanted to be here is great business by the board.

I hope he has a great few years on loan in the Netherlands or at Huddersfield. 

Purely about the money

Vd0t9L6.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, djdabush said:

I see that the fee has been reported as both 15m with add ons and 20m. I can only presume it's 15m plus a very easily achievable clause. Something like an extra 5m after 20 Eredivisie appearances I'd imagine.

Whilst I enjoyed the Vitesse gag, the more reliable sources have put it at £20m. 

18 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

20m is absolutely nothing for the best U20 talent in the country, I think he will go on to be a very good player providing he focuses on his football.

He can get a lot more game time for Chelsea than he can for us because they have so many games where they win with ease or the game is done at HT.

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

What would you have done? Give him £1m a week and made him captain? We can't be held to ransom by players. 

What questions need to be asked? We made him, apparently, an exceptional offer, and he didn't want to sign. Not a lot else we could have done really unless I'm missing something?

You know it’s crazy when my Chelsea supporting mates are texting me saying why would he join when he’s not likely to get game time. Considering that’s what he supposedly wanted. 

I still stand by what i said about him being poorly advised  though. 

38 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Felt JJ passed him. Ok with him leaving. Extremely happy to add 20 million to the warchest.

I also think AJ is a better prospect than both.

• Like 1

It's a pity this one.

Chelsea are getting one of the very best eighteen year olds in Europe - he's a footballer with tremendous potential.

Given the choice between £20m and Carney Chukwuemeka, I'd pick Chukwuemeka.

Sadly that choice wasn't on the table.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Playing devils advocate, Chelsea recently won the champions League with Reece James and Mason Mount in the side. 

Along with Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Trevor Chalobah and Callum Hudson-Odoi.

However the following also came through the academy and didnt:

Tammy Abraham

Marc Guehi

Tariq Lampety

Armando Broja

Fikayo Tomori

Tino Livramento

Connor Gallagher

I know the timelines dont quite match up but the point is its very hard to make it at Chelsea and even if you are good enough you may still get sold as a way to make funds for "bigger" signings.

I think its a stupid decision and not against him personally I hope he fails so that the long list of highly rated players still in our academy see that the grass isnt greener, you have to earn the big move first. 

Â