Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Obviously I have a horse in the race but can't help but come to the conclusion he is being exceptionally poorly advised here.

The lad is only 18 years old and still all potential, he has yet to have any consistent experience of non-youth football. The best solution, imo, for all parties would for a contract to be signed and him to do a full season playing week-in-week out at a top 6 contender in the Championship but it looks like that ship has well and truly sailed.

But even if he doesn't want to do this Gerrard has already demonstrated he will give him Premier League minutes for development purposes. Seems an absolutely bizarre time to want to leave when you're in the squad and getting minutes and players like Carlos, Coutinho & Kamara are buying into the project.

If he doesn't want to sign a realistic contract, which could still include numerous wage bumps and bonuses when certain milestones are hit as well as release clauses, then I wouldn't be bending over backwards for him.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aren't they just doing a Villa report though?

As in retweeting stories from other publications?

I checked the MailOnline and there’s nothing about Leeds. What p****** me off was how they took quotes from Emi out of context, acting like he wanted to leave. They are just doing clickbait. I don’t like VillaReport either, but they don’t stoop that low IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Struggling to see a scenario where this now ends in any other way than a really sad ending for us.

if clubs from abroad want him which no doubt they do, then why wouldn't they wait until January to agree deal so they can get him for next to nothing saving millions, even if a club came in for him this window, we would still be losing him for a fraction of what he's worth.

Just losing him at all is bad enough as it is.

And we also wouldn't be in a position to put clauses in any deal such as future sell on fees, or buyback clauses, as buying clubs don't have to agree to any of that knowing they can get him when his contract runs out next summer anyway.

if he's adamant he's leaving we don't have much in the way of bargaining power, would be a case of either getting what we can for him now, or keeping him with us in the hope we can change his mind.

I don't think there's any chance we'd leave him out all together like some are suggesting, he's the kind of player that would get on with it and work hard, and who knows how things could progress from there.

And the possibility of him signing a contract now seems very unlikely, he's been left out of the pre-season tour and has all these top clubs wanting to sign him, seems unlikely that he will turn down the chance of a move to a top team to stay with a club where he's been left out.

Not sure how we turn things around and convince him to stay from this point on, unless there's more to the story behind the scenes than we realize, and this is wild speculation, but maybe something along the lines of he told the club he wasn't sure whether he was signing or not and that's why he's been left of the tour to think things over and may yet still stay.

We didn't make the bed, they did. And now Gerrard is making them lie in it.

I put the blame squarely on the representation . They seem to want the cherry on the top of the cake when the base is still setting.

I cannot be stressed about losing him though at whatever cost. Because he has actually raised the profile of our academy alongside AJ and Tim .

At some point you have to cut your losses. And now is the right time. 

We have loads of really talented players coming through who have caused zero stress . Signed the deals given to them and seem happy . 

Even if we retrieved this situation and he signed the problem would crop up again and again. 

He is someone elses problem now, sorry, his representatiom is someone elses problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

One thing that seems to be lacking here, that is spoke about, quite a lot, when managers and coaches talk about talented youngsters......They always seem to touch on Humility......" The boy is really grounded and humble", I hear them say.

I don't get any of that feeling here.

I have watched him.....and in boys football, he seems above most of their levels....in mens football his game is easily negated, by the press and close contact....He is easily taken out.

Now I am factoring in his age, (but he is not factoring in this, in his demands) He seems to want mens wages for boys football......I'm sorry, but that does not equate, but nice try.

This then moves on to Character, on one hand he wants to be treated like a man, on the other he is treating us to boys football....."cake and eat it", springs to mind.

He seems to much in a rush, for himself to develop.

I fear he is a tad ahead of himself.......good talent no doubt, on par with Bellingham, not at all......not yet anyway.

I don't know his character, or what people are telling him. I only know the figures reported are nuts. How can a 19 year old who has even proved himself capable in men's football. Ask for even 1k per week let alone 100k?!?!? 

Even if you look at the current state of things 100k is just ridiculous. The money is ridiculous. But put that aside even then he isn't worth that. 40k maybe! 100k no way.

Wasn't it some click bait article that claimed he was requesting 100k a week or is it now fact? Only I was under the impression nobody other than the player/reps and club were partial to his demands. 

16 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Wasn't it some click bait article that claimed he was requesting 100k a week or is it now fact? Only I was under the impression nobody other than the player/reps and club were partial to his demands. 

FootballInsider was the source which almost always gets stuff about us wrong 

• Like 1

Nobody is going to pay money off us now when they can get him for peanuts in a year.

That means he will be without meaningful football for an entire year in this really important period.Plus no ones going to pay near 100k for an unproven kid now, but certainly not when hhe's been out of the lime light for so long.

He either takes a massive slice of humble pie and re-signs with us (on much lower wages than he wants) else he lowers his own value by taking time out.

His reps have really cocked this up!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Nobody is going to pay money off us now when they can get him for peanuts in a year.

That means he will be without meaningful football for an entire year in this really important period.Plus no ones going to pay near 100k for an unproven kid now, but certainly not when hhe's been out of the lime light for so long.

He either takes a massive slice of humble pie and re-signs with us (on much lower wages than he wants) else he lowers his own value by taking time out.

Is it really going to be that detrimental to his development if he is playing U21 football for the next 11 months?

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

That account posts so much BS and fake stuff. Had to block them. 

Yep, blocked them a while back. The bloke running it is an oddball. Half the stuff they post honestly just doesn't exist. 

If something is worth hearing about, it'll be on villareport or Skyspurts. 

He really is being very disrespectful to the club.

Of course he needs to do what is right for himself, no problem there.

But if his intention is to run down his contract to get a big payout for himself while the club does not get a decent fee for him, considering the money and time the club has invested in him, then I do not know how he can square that with his religious beliefs.

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

"Clubs expected to bid before that" 

That's the line that stands out to me. Get him gone for a half decent fee now, best we can hope for.

I mean this report is at least misinformed in one way. His contract lasts until November of 2023. He can't leave until January 2024. Unless we sell.

I think this smacks of some BS report. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We might get 20m now because there's a frenzy developing around signing him. These clubs might want to beat the others to the punch.

His contract only lasts until November 2023 if he signed a three year deal after his seventeenth birthday, which I think is what was reported at the time and would make sense, but if he signed a two and a half year deal, then his contract will run out next June and therefore be a free agent that summer if he hasn't signed a new deal with us or someone else before then.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He really is being very disrespectful to the club.

Of course he needs to do what is right for himself, no problem there.

But if his intention is to run down his contract to get a big payout for himself while the club does not get a decent fee for him, considering the money and time the club has invested in him, then I do not know how he can square that with his religious beliefs.

The deluded have a talent for squaring up anything that fits their story. Apparently suicide bombers are promised 20 virgin when they get to heaven. I’m not sure how that fits their religious beliefs either. 

Before anyone get’s to frothing at the mouth. No I’m not comparing Carney with a suicide bomber. Perhaps professional suicide. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean this report is at least misinformed in one way. His contract lasts until November of 2023. He can't leave until January 2024. Unless we sell.

I think this smacks of some BS report. 

No contracts end in a November. 

Â